Thread: Jtec/Jtec+ 97-04 Pcm's support (L6,V8)

Tuner in Training

Jtec/Jtec+ 97-04 Pcm's support (L6,V8)

Want to start this thread to keep following on this type of computers and also for the people who want support can chime in, so they can see that many customers are interested on some HP magic on this pcm's.

They where saying that they wont go back working on jtec/jtec+ until they have 2013 and 2014 covered, since they done it already how about some help for the old loyal customers that grow with HPtuners.

Advanced Tuner
    You make a reference of this pcm's to the v8 and L6 engines .....what aplications use them in the L6 engines ...maybe the 99+ cherokees?

The JTEC controller was in Chrysler products from 1996 to 2004. It controlled the 3.7L V6, 4.0L l6, 4.7L V8, 5.2L and 5.9L V8 and both the iron and aluminum 8L V10's in the Ram truck and Viper, respectively. It's in a lot of vehicles still on the road.

Tuner in Training Dave@BGChrysler's Avatar
    JTEC was used 1996 through 2006..

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about the Viper and Viper Truck. The SRT-10's 8.3L V-10. Last holdouts for the stalwart JTEC.

Tuner in Training
    Look back through the stories....their position changes from time to time as to when they will work on the jtec stuff. I wonder if HP is just stringing people along at this point....

Senior Tuner
    They've made it pretty clear they are finalizing all the new car support and then going back to JTEC. Read support is already active and the 06 SRT10 I read had already been partially defined. You could open and view it with current beta versions.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We've already mapped(defined) virtually all of the JTEC files that have been sent in to date and are simply waiting to finalize writing. Reading is pretty easy on these, defining the files also pretty easy, but if writing isn't properly coded think" fried pcm" so it needs to be right. We need the right information before we start testing on our in house controllers do we don't start frying our pcm's, from there once we are happy with bench flashing we'll enter beta. To this point we are still waiting on additional flashing information so until we receive that we are at a standstill on JTEC support, that is the latest.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I own a DRB III, a GPIB cable (for PC communications) and various means of sniffing either the USB data or data from the OBD II port using a 2 - way splitter and an old AVT 841 that'll let me dump a flash session to binary. The flash files are stored in a file before loading onto the DRB, so that's easy to grab as well. However decrypting it is beyond me. If I can help. I do recall some of the SBEC II controller threads referencing a 20v pull up voltage to allow programming. I don't know if this carried over to the JTEC, but recording the flash session with a lab scope would be easy enough.

Tuner in Training
    Bump!!

Tuner in Training

I promise, we're not just forgetting about it. There is a lot to do with all of the Dodge releases as of late.

Tuner in Training
    So... as far as these pcms go, does anyone know if say I were to buy a canned tune from someone like B&G or one of the others who do SCT tunes, would it be readable or tunable or would it have to be reflashed back to stock?

it can be read. I have a tune from an sct tuner and i was able to read it just fine. just waiting for writing ability.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

Tuner in Training
    Ok well that's good to know...thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I've got some use for this. I have the SCT Advantage software dealer pack and we tune these JTEC PCM's with that. We've done quite a few at the current price point of $380 for a handheld+ whatever tuning labor. This customer base is pretty cheap so a couple hundred less to just but a HP license would sell really good. If I can be of any help, maybe intercepting the writing process or whatever, I'm in to help the cause.

Tuner in Training
    MMmm does this mean that the SCT Advantage software is more capable or the company itself is more advance or has better developers than HPT??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisanda View Post
    MMmm does this mean that the SCT Advantage software is more capable or the company itself is more advance or has better developers than HPT??
    Seriously?

I doubt that it's a matter of "more advanced" or "better developers", and more a matter of manpower and subsequent man hours...

Take the childish behavior and commentaries elsewhere.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 05-14-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Seriously?

I doubt that it's a matter of "more advanced" or "better developers", and more a matter of manpower and subsequent man hours...

Take the childish behavior and commentaries elsewhere.
    x2
    Jaime