Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ** MPVI Firmware v118 *ANNOUNCEMENT* **

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the update Keith. I respect the hard work you guys put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The protocol is the "language" the hardware and software use to communicate with the vehicle.

You can still open your old tunes.
    But you can't open new ones with your old software.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    But you can't open new ones with your old software.
    Your point?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Last night I spent a good to while trying to figure out why my mpvi wasn't logging. Wish I'd not bought the Pro version now
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    Last night I spent a good to while trying to figure out why my mpvi wasn't logging. Wish I'd not bought the Pro version now
    Then when it gets fixed, you'll wish you had. It won't be that way forever. Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Then when it gets fixed, you'll wish you had. It won't be that way forever. Be patient.
    Understood, but when I fork out $1000 for a product, I expect it to work.
    If it doesn't, they should inform you so you can make a conscious decision to buy or not. The distributor I purchased from had plenty of opportunities to inform me that its currently not working as it should and a fix could be a month away or more.
    VCM OTR + Tuned

Understood, but when I fork out $1000 for a product, I expect it to work.
    If it doesn't, they should inform you so you can make a conscious decision to buy or not. The distributor I purchased from had plenty of opportunities to inform me that its currently not working as it should and a fix could be a month away or more.
    Doubtful the distributor even knew. It's only an issue with the latest version of their software.

I still agree, it needs to be fixed. They're fixing it and you'll be glad you have it once it's fixed. The 5V input feature of the pro version is a very useful one as well, and you also got that (and it does work, lol)

I also didn't realize these things were $1000 in AUS. They're $649 retail here and can be had for a little less if you're patient.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Australia is the land of price gouging, cost of living here is ridiculous. I've been bugging my wife to agree to move to the U.S. For years now. We could have a 4 bedroom house in Cali for what our tiny 2 bedroom apartment is worth.

Edit: or a 3 bedroom condo right on south beach Florida!! The more i look at US real estate the more annoyed I get....
    Last edited by amok; 05-27-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    VCM OTR + Tuned

Australia is the land of price gouging, cost of living here is ridiculous. I've been bugging my wife to agree to move to the U.S. For years now. We could have a 4 bedroom house in Cali for what our tiny 2 bedroom apartment is worth.
    That sucks. And a 4 bedroom place in Cali is still several times what the same would cost over here on the east coast

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    That sucks. And a 4 bedroom place in Cali is still several times what the same would cost over here on the east coast
    Oh gawd don't tell me that.... I could halve our mortgage and live in a great spot with money left over for a highly modded Camaro or Vette....boo
    VCM OTR + Tuned

Oh gawd don't tell me that.... I could halve our mortgage and live in a great spot with money left over for a highly modded Camaro or Vette....boo
    lol, you can have an acre or two of land, and a really nice 3 bedroom house for $200K EASY here. You could live at the beach for that easy also.

I'm in a 2 bedroom house, 3 acres for < $100K right now

Ok ok back on topic before these posts get deleted, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The firmware fix has been moved higher on the priority list. Hopefully we'll have something in 2-3 weeks.
    Are there any updates as to how things are going? Are you guys on track?

Three weeks!

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Three weeks!
    Don't worry, I see this all the time at work. When you hold someone to a commitment they'll spit something out to calm you down and then hide under a rock because they know they can't meet their own target. They'd rather say nothing than have to look you in the eye and tell you the truth, that they were just buying time to hum and haw over it.

Do me a solid HPT and lend me 300 bucks. I "promise" I'll pay it back as soon as you figure out the next firmware update.

It appears that HPTuners brought this out of the oven long before if was finished baking! So much for testing and quality control. What's even more surprising is the length of time it's taking to correct the problem. I asked support a question about the VVE and their response was they didn't know, check the Forum. The old saying, necessity is the mother of invention, will certainly bring new competition to the tuning software market.

Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    It appears that HPTuners brought this out of the oven long before if was finished baking! So much for testing and quality control. What's even more surprising is the length of time it's taking to correct the problem. I asked support a question about the VVE and their response was they didn't know, check the Forum. The old saying, necessity is the mother of invention, will certainly bring new competition to the tuning software market.
    That's why it's still called Beta, right? If you don't want to test the Beta then use 2.24.

Just curious, how much did you pay for the upgrade to 2.25?

Tuner
    I am still waiting now impatiently for the stand alone logging to be fixed.. it has now been over a month and hasn't functioned since I received the unit!! I gave up on tuning my truck because it is such a pita to try logging with my tablet during regular driving.. That is why I paid the extra $150 and it's non-functioning.. I could have bought the regular instead for the same functionality, there sure weren't any notices or messages or statements that the standalone logging was currently disabled

How would I go about requesting a refund? or a downgrade from pro to regular and a partial return?

How hard would it be to push the last known good firmware out as an update to those who want the standalone logging to function??

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    That's why it's still called Beta, right? If you don't want to test the Beta then use 2.24.

Just curious, how much did you pay for the upgrade to 2.25?

a. your point about us not having to pay for upgrades, etc. along the way is a big plus. However, it's also in their (HPT's) best interest to keep adding features and models. Otherwise people will be flocking to the other guys instead.

b. that's the problem. 2.24 PRODUCTION (NOT BETA!) contains the same firmware update which causes the standalone data logging to not work. So, this is not just affecting beta users. It is affecting any and everyone who upgraded to the latest 2.24 production release.

If it were just affecting beta users I would be much more inclined to say "oops, I guess I shouldn't have tried the beta", but that simply isn't the case.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

fair enough, I have not used the standalone logging once. :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tek1229 View Post
    I am still waiting now impatiently for the stand alone logging to be fixed.. it has now been over a month and hasn't functioned since I received the unit!! I gave up on tuning my truck because it is such a pita to try logging with my tablet during regular driving.. That is why I paid the extra $150 and it's non-functioning.. I could have bought the regular instead for the same functionality, there sure weren't any notices or messages or statements that the standalone logging was currently disabled

How would I go about requesting a refund? or a downgrade from pro to regular and a partial return?

How hard would it be to push the last known good firmware out as an update to those who want the standalone logging to function??
    It's been 68 days and counting since they've known about this.