Thread: How long to deliver new tuner?

Potential Tuner

How long to deliver new tuner?

I ordered and paid for a new tuner program, my first, on April 20 and still don't have any word on if or when it will be shipped. Not a good start to our relationship.

Anybody have experience with HP's shipping? How long should I expect to wait? Is there a way to contact anybody from HP?

Thanks, Jim

Please email [email protected] for shipping queries.

We have been experiencing temporary shipping delays on MPVI Pro interfaces due to unprecedented demand over the last 4 weeks. We expect the issue to be resolved this week. You will receive a notification when your product ships.

Thanks for you patience, i assure you everything is being done to ship your product as fast as possible.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Please email [email protected] for shipping queries.

We have been experiencing temporary shipping delays on MPVI Pro interfaces due to unprecedented demand over the last 4 weeks. We expect the issue to be resolved this week. You will receive a notification when your product ships.

Thanks for you patience, i assure you everything is being done to ship your product as fast as possible.

Chris...
    I am NOT being patient! You've had my $700 + for over 10 days and I'd like my stuff NOW. It's bad enough not being able to talk to anybody, no number to call, no human interaction, but to be left out here with no information at all and no word from you unless I post up a new thread is just plain inexcusable..... that's inexcusable.

But then what do you guys care... where else am I going to go.
    Just like most business's these days who, regardless of the big talk about "we care" actually live by the credo... "As long as we get the bucks then who cares about the customer."

Advanced Tuner
    You think they make these cables from dust and brain cells? They have to order parts like any other company, and they've sold so many that they don't have any in stock. So just because you are impatient, doesn't move you up the line in the orders. Some people have been waiting 30 days, you've been waiting a week and a half.

I will agree, that some order update or expected ship date should be presented before and after you order, it would be nice on the page to see that "we are currently experiencing delays due to high sales volumes, you're expected ship date is X/X/XXXX". But just because YOU want it NOW doesn't mean YOU deserve YOURS any sooner than those who ordered BEFORE you. Relax.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    You think they make these cables from dust and brain cells? They have to order parts like any other company, and they've sold so many that they don't have any in stock. So just because you are impatient, doesn't move you up the line in the orders. Some people have been waiting 30 days, you've been waiting a week and a half.

I will agree, that some order update or expected ship date should be presented before and after you order, it would be nice on the page to see that "we are currently experiencing delays due to high sales volumes, you're expected ship date is X/X/XXXX". But just because YOU want it NOW doesn't mean YOU deserve YOURS any sooner than those who ordered BEFORE you. Relax.
    Word..... How long did we wait Shifted??? 2.5 years just for it to be released??? What was another month... I agree it can be frustrating, but to get on a board that has been set up to help others and just start with the "I wants" is not the way to go about it..

Wow... that really seemed a touch uncalled for... I could understand if it was an excessive amount of time, but you're only looking at 6-7 business days so far. I wait longer than that for books from Amazon.com... I thought I had read 5-14 days for typical processing and shipping.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted

I never said, nor did I imply, that I deserve delivery or expect delievery any sooner than anyone else. I DID say that these kinds of business pracitices are dammed poor customer service and that taking one's $$ and then saying... please remain patient, your business is very important to us... is inexcusable. I stand by that.

However, my reaction was emotional in nauture and hence excessive and I apologize for that tantrum-like reponse to news I didn't want to hear. Childish of me.

Sorry to have acted like a spoiled brat. But... it's still a load of crap.

Tuner
    Yeah a backorder type message would seem to be in order if it's going to be a long delay.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    Yeah a backorder type message would seem to be in order if it's going to be a long delay.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=39
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS
    I never said, nor did I imply, that I deserve delivery or expect delievery any sooner than anyone else. I DID say that these kinds of business pracitices are dammed poor customer service and that taking one's $$ and then saying... please remain patient, your business is very important to us... is inexcusable. I stand by that.

However, my reaction was emotional in nauture and hence excessive and I apologize for that tantrum-like reponse to news I didn't want to hear. Childish of me.

not quite, backorders happen to comapanies all the time. you have to be patient when you order a popular item because sometimes things happen ie increased demand. u need to chill out and be patient.

Tuner in Training
    I am NOT being patient! You've had my $700 + for over 10 days and I'd like my stuff NOW. It's bad enough not being able to talk to anybody, no number to call, no human interaction, but to be left out here with no information at all and no word from you unless I post up a new thread is just plain inexcusable..... that's inexcusable.

But then what do you guys care... where else am I going to go.
    Just like most business's these days who, regardless of the big talk about "we care" actually live by the credo... "As long as we get the bucks then who cares about the customer."

If you do a little looking on the forum you would see this, http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5389 , that has been going on for the last month. So you are mad over 10 days?, I have been waiting over 30 days. Be patient, it may take over 30 days, who knows. I do know that HP Tuners has the best software on the market and they are always looking to update and make the software better for their customers.
    6.2 TJ

Tuner in Training
    I ordered my MVPI Interface yesterday. I sent them an email today to [email protected] and they have responded within a few hours to let me know that it will be shipping within a few days. So, at a minimum i did get a very quick email back letting me know the status. They just must have gotten really slammed with orders and are now catching up and catching there breath. Ill update when it shows up but im sure it will be pretty soon.

Advanced Tuner

shipping

Chris, do we all recieve notification of shipping if not I would like some. I ordered on 4/25. Thank's
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Advanced Tuner

oops

guess I didn't need to write that, just noticed your email link for shipping queries.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Potential Tuner
    If I ordered Std version today when would it be shipped?
    If I ordered Pro version today when would it be shipped?
    Thanks I MUST have one or the other before third week of May.

We do have both units in stock now at our warehouse.. so shipping time is the same.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We do have both units in stock now at our warehouse.. so shipping time is the same.
    so u guys are caught up?

Tuner in Training
    6.2 TJ

Advanced Tuner
    oh, awesome, i didnt see that thread=)

Tuner

If it were my I would have paypal'd you your money back.

It took two weeks to get mine, big deal. They said a week, they were delayed but the quality product and the support that these guys have provided have been phenominal. I have been using their hardware for two years.

The forum support and the knowledge of the people on these boards is unreal Your email is a poke at the company, you can think what you want but I think what your email will actually do is prevent people from answering you questions when you post them.