Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: V3 Scanner External MPVI channels freezing

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't seen a pattern for mine outside of this: If I log P01 cars it seems to crash more frequently (I log a lot of them and own a few) but my E38 takes longer to lock up. I logged a P59 Silverado SS last night and it locked up after a very short log around 2 minutes. The E38 took an hour to lock up this morning using the 3.1.53 Beta.

I sent information on this to support but hadn't thought about the E38 vs P01 until now. It could just be coincidence that I'm able to more reliably log the E38 car. Yesterday I couldn't get a lockup from the E38 after three attempts with a 5, 7 and 30 minute log.

One question for everyone.. when external inputs freeze for you, what do you have to do to get them working again?

I typically have to disconnect from the vehicle then reconnect/start logging. If I just stop logging/start logging again they show up totally blank

For those affected, please use 3.1.55 and do the same test, then submit your debug.dat

It's very important that those affected help participate asap. Please do not rely on another user to submit information to help solve this problem. It appears some users are having different problems.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'll try it tomorrow from my other car with the latest beta and see what happens (and obviously submit what you've asked for if it happens)

Advanced Tuner
    I just sent 3 debugs with slightly different results from each time with 3.1.55. I'm waiting on a new power adapter to come in for my old laptop to try to test with as well.

Tuner in Training
    For those of us that this is happening to which input on the mvpi is your wideband hooked to? Also do you have a ground to it as well? I'm using input 2 and no grounds connected

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder09 View Post
    For those of us that this is happening to which input on the mvpi is your wideband hooked to? Also do you have a ground to it as well? I'm using input 2 and no grounds connected
    PLX wideband in input 1, aeroforce fuel pressure sender in port 2, and no ground for me from the terminal block. All of the devices are grounded to the chassis in the same spot, just not the signal wires.
    Last edited by sevinn; 02-24-2016 at 09:14 AM.

I'm using inputs 1, 2 & 3 for WB, fuel pressure and methanol pressure. I do have a dedicated ground wire connected running directly to the battery.

All 3 stop working when this happens

Please download 3.1.58 and repeat the test.

I've the same problems with WB. as soon as I log the Zeitronix ZT3 the scanner lost all channels after short time.
    Do I delete the WB in the channels, it works great. (I use analog input1)

where to get the 3.1.58???
    my is 3.0.34

your link is 3.0.34

Ah sorry, I missed the .1.

For that you'd have to email support with your interface # so they can give you access to the beta. I don't think I'm allowed to give out the link

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure to reference this thread when you contact them if you haven't already.

For those affected:

Please connect the MPVI to the laptop, and go into the Device Manager, and tell me the FTDI Driver Version for the HP Tuners MPVI device.

Potential Tuner
    running a samsung laptop with amd a6-3410mx. running windows 7. have a zeitronix zt-2 wideband. running released 3.0 and dont have a problem.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    For those affected:

Please connect the MPVI to the laptop, and go into the Device Manager, and tell me the FTDI Driver Version for the HP Tuners MPVI device.

Potential Tuner
    not shure if this is related or not but was checking and making shure my wideband was reading right with hptuners. i stopped and started recording a few times and played with the ms filter. i stopped and saved the log file. then went to veiw the log file and the only thing that showed up was the wideband afr and it wasnt right. not shure if it was something i did or what. will try to duplicate when i get time. i have logged and saved a few other times without problem.
    Last edited by cjcalhoun85; 02-24-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Was it stuck on a particular value when that happened?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    in the log file when played back it shows wideband and goes back and forth from 15.4 to 15.6. as I was logging everything seamed to be working fine and not stuck or locked up.