Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another surging/bucking question

Tuner
    You've got a good point about something else causing the fuel to jump around. The reason I'm kinda stuck on fueling is because it (surging) started with the install of the SVO 43# injectors and ended by replacing them with Delphi 43# injectors.

So what changes did you make in the tune for the injectors?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
    So what changes did you make in the tune for the injectors?
    The Magnuson supercharger comes with a tune that's setup for the SVO 42's. The car (with the SVOs installed) ran OK with this tune, but not great. Idle O2s were kinda lazy and subsequently, they idle AFRs were kinda jagged/peaky (not super smooth). I also had the annoying decel surge I posted about originally.

So in went the Delphis. I used one of the injector xls programs floating around to check the flow rate. I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it's close or the same as the SVOs. Then I reduced the offset/volts/kpa table by 15% and the min inj. pulse and default inj pulse tables by 10% each.

I still need to tweak the idle fueling a little bit. The WB AFR vs. commanded is dead-on, but the O2 signals look kinda crappy to me. However, there's no decel surging, idle AFR is super smooth and they are noticably quieter than the SVOs. The SVOs seem to react slower than the delphis. It could all be in my head, but I think my MPG when up a point or so with the delphis also. Ohh, and I got a really good deal on my auto insurance.

Tuner in Training
    The only part I changed when I started seeing the surging described was the stock injector to the SVO 42# injector. The only PCM change I made was to the IFR table using redhardsupras injector.xls file. The surging seems to only happen on decel.

Tuner in Training
    I adjusted my DFCO Map Entry/Exit by adding +10 across the board & this seems to have eliminated my surging. Only problem I'm forsee having now is that it looks like DFCO will not ever happen in 5th or 6th gear. I'm going to test it out further this evening.

I basically read this thread and followed the instructions therein:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=disable+dfco

I dont' have any way to get the log/bin off my laptop at the moment but I will post both as soon as I can.