Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roush Strategy swap

Tuning Addict
    Not locked, just os swapped to one that has red key availability. AND hp won't support these - at least that's what they keep telling me - don't think it's locked, but who knows anymore... I know their changing to a copperhead ecm OS - assumed boss? Roush spends a lot of time and money getting "their" tunes 50 state legal. The above one is a roush tune from the looks of PE fueling - something easy enough to change and gain a couple of ponies Whipple is making it to where they have a "direct line" to "their" provided installers to where they're "whipple - not the installers" are the only ones who can make changes to their tunes - don't think this will work as I've all ready seen too many problems with whipples tunes "especially the gm platforms" all though they do work reasonably quickly to fix their problems - at least "I" can fix the GM tunes. As previously stated, whipple was the first to discover the hp and other gains by changing the os's on the new ones... Just wish HPT would offer coverage, so I could fix some problems without having to wait or rely on "them" to fix them especially since a lot of the problems created by "their" tunes can't be fixed by them due to legal reasons SO your options are pretty much do the tune without the added benefits of the OS swap or do the OS swap, but have your hands bound by Roush or Whipple?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    I haven't tried to see whether or not I could use SCT to read them. Guess I could try that next time one of them is around?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    It's my understanding that HP can't read the red key files. Reading between the lines, I believe they haven't deemed it necessary, at this point, to spend the manpower to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    This is supposed to be a 2014 phase 3 Roush tune. It is a M6, but I don't know if it's stock or modified.
    Charlie thanks for this, this seems to have corrected all my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by thegraystang View Post
    My question is this. i want to change to a roush strategy on my 14 GT. i have a couple files that im pretty sure are roush but they are for an auto car, where i am manual.

First question is, can i just use that, turn auto trans switch off and rock on?
    Second, credit usage is it just 2 credits to licences that file?
    third, if first question is no does anyone have a manual roush file?
    I don't know if this is relevant but I can give you my 2013 roush stage 3 m6 stock file
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneRS View Post
    I don't know if this is relevant but I can give you my 2013 roush stage 3 m6 stock file
    Thanks man but already got it sorted out. car runs AMAZING now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thegraystang View Post
    Charlie thanks for this, this seems to have corrected all my problems.
    I'm glad it worked for you.

Ran into the same issue trying to remote tune a customer who has 2015 Mustang GT with Roush 670hp blower ngauge will pull the file but I cant open or mod it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    Ran into the same issue trying to remote tune a customer who has 2015 Mustang GT with Roush 670hp blower ngauge will pull the file but I cant open or mod it.
    See post 21....Waiting for HP to add support for these strategies...

I don't know if they are waiting or they just decided they aren't supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    See post 21....Waiting for HP to add support for these strategies...
    I would be surprised if HP will ever add them. Roush is starting to lock them down. They are writing complete new OS adding in things like IAC that they didn't come with originally.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    I don't know if they are waiting or they just decided they aren't supporting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I would be surprised if HP will ever add them. Roush is starting to lock them down. They are writing complete new OS adding in things like IAC that they didn't come with originally.
    I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hopeful.

anything new?

hi guys excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by red key ??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    hi guys excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by red key ??
    If you don't own a Boss 302 than you don't have to worry about the red key....it's a Boss thing

ok I see.... we don't have these cars here as yet only if individuals bring them in as imports

Advanced Tuner
    Basically the car has 2 keys, 1 black and the other red. When the Boss is used with the black key, it runs in "street" mode and when it is used with the red key, it runs in "track" mode and modifies some 200 parameters in the pcm, including variable cam timing, spark maps, engine braking, fuel control and others.

that's pretty dam good, can hp pull the file out when the red key tune is enabled ??

Senior Tuner
    I would love to see a red key tune. Anyone have experience driving black vs red key? Wonder if Red key is actually a pretty good tune.

I will add support for the Track Key at some point, but we have higher priorities at the moment in the Ford Engineering dept.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC