Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tire/gear wizard problem

Tuner in Training

tire/gear wizard problem

I can't get the correct box to come up in the gear wizard, I get a box asking yes or no for FWD/transaxle and a multiplier box. I don't get it. 3.0 is great on some points, but worse in so many more.

Please e-mail your tune to support.

FWIW: I was using the tire caculator yesterday and when I made changes to the tire size and used the same gear ratio when it made the changes it change the trans gear ratio. All I change was tire size. Which made the speedo way off. I think the laptop I was using had version 3.088.

It was a 2009 silverado with a E38

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    FWIW: I was using the tire caculator yesterday and when I made changes to the tire size and used the same gear ratio when it made the changes it change the trans gear ratio. All I change was tire size. Which made the speedo way off. I think the laptop I was using had version 3.088.

It was a 2009 silverado with a E38
    email the file to support along with a step by step.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I had almost the same issue with using the tire gear wizard today.I did the tire size conversion on the provided calculator which came out to 33.2'' tire.I then retyped the same gear ratio then went to flash and clicked write calibration.When it was done i attempted a test drive the trans wouldn't shift past second gear and speedo was fast by about 25 MPH.So i ran out of time and flashed back my stock tune all is well.my question now is when i went back just now i noticed the current tire size is shown as 0.74 the stock tire diameter is 30.5'' so is there somthing i missed.Alright so i went back to the recycle bin and got the what i thought was a bad tune the tire size shows 1.08 which must equal a huge tire so to make along story longer i have been searching trying to figure this out and read a thread about the scale multiplier for manual trans table adjustment but there was no formulas or equations just an example so is there a formula to get the numbers i'm looking for.I will give you the run down on the truck it is a 99 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec auto trans mostly stock with a stock tune.VIN 1GNEK13R9XJ397672.sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info as possible.

Tuner in Training

tire / gear wizard not working ; needs fix asap!

what the f is going on with the gear wizard? Im trying to adjust the tire size as I just went from a 25.75 inch tire to a 25 inch tire. When i put the new tire size in and same gear ratio, the multiplier adjusts itself to the difference, then when i save it , it displays the incorrect tire size. went out of the calculator and come back in it and it says my tire is completely different than what I entered. I tried it again and it gets worse and worse. I'm running version 3.2.10, on a 2000 camaro gm ecm.

buktooth, update your 3.2 and try again.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Okay, I keep finding this issue come up when I search for an answer but have yet to find one. I'm nervous to try it. Has anyone figured out the correct way to change the tire size? I'm working on a 2008 Silverado 4x4 with taller tires. Do I use the tire size on the manufacturer's website or do I physically measure and enter the value? Final drive ratio is the same. Also, do I auto scale the transmission as well? What way is proven to get the correct results? Thank you much!

Use the gear tire wizard and take the tire size given by manufacturers.

Yes you have to auto scale the transmission if you want it to shift correctly. Nothing fancy to this. Some run into problems with huge tires and "different" gear ratio's making the ABS light come on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Well that's what I keep seeing others do as well and having issues so I got scurred. I wonder what the deal is. Figured maybe the sizes were off just enough but then again they must be off now with the taller tires and it works somewhat okay. Only sometimes you can notice the trans doing some goofy shit, but other than that it seems to work and shift alright. I just wanted it to be dialed in 100% correct for correct transmission speed. This seems to be a grey area as the only answers I ever see are to basically just do it the way you said yourself. Funny that so many on here and other forums are running into the same issue. It does have the A6 trans.

This is why they have support, if problems happen they can be fixed. Most of the time it's a minor software issue it seems and with a gazillion different computers out there with different OS's it's always possible to have glitches. Many of these issues started with the new 3.0/3.2 upgrade and they have been awesome at getting things fixed when problems show up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Swandog66, Did you ever figure this out? Im having the same problem. If I enter 30.00 tire size the trans will not shift out of first gear. Speedo is way fast. 1998 z71. What does .074 mean? We are not running a 3/4 inch rear tire.

It seems to be working in 3.2.105

Tuner in Training
    ok I am updated to the newest hp and I have the same problem 08 Silverado 1500 3.73 and 37in tires used the tire calculator and still drive 2 miles and abs and brake light chimes on everything I read on how to fix this step by step is off the older hp stuff and it doesn't look anywhere near the same on the new version very new to tuning ben thowing parts at this stupid truck then decieded to actually monitor my vss the fronts are say 30mph and the rear tranny Input is 38mph and it throws those lights really could use some idiot proof instuctions if at all possible thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottraley View Post
    ok I am updated to the newest hp and I have the same problem 08 Silverado 1500 3.73 and 37in tires used the tire calculator and still drive 2 miles and abs and brake light chimes on everything I read on how to fix this step by step is off the older hp stuff and it doesn't look anywhere near the same on the new version very new to tuning ben thowing parts at this stupid truck then decieded to actually monitor my vss the fronts are say 30mph and the rear tranny Input is 38mph and it throws those lights really could use some idiot proof instuctions if at all possible thanks
    Please e-mail support your tune file.

Tuner in Training
    I emailed support they said its not possible to fix that so I guess thanks for the support

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately our software has no control over the abs module so there is nothing we can do on our end to alleviate this light from coming on.

I am also having an issue with it, I mentioned it in a post below and included the tune file

Adjust your tire size to 35", I had the same issue with my previous 2006 2500HD with 38" Toyo MT's and my 2002 with 37", after correcting to 35" i got no ABS light

Tuner in Training
    I've tried putting it at 35 bcuz that's what they are measuring out to now that they are almost bald didn't work I've heard it's not an issue with old body style trucks but 07+nbs is where it is a big issue that nobody seems to have a fix for