Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update cost?

Potential Tuner

Update cost?

We are cunnently using the unlimited version of 1.7.0 and are looking to upgrade. would someone mind e-mailing me or pming the cost of upgrading to the latest version? Will this support up too 06 trucks now?

Thanks in advance.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    upgrading to the new hardware or software? or both?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    upgrading to the new hardware or software? or both?

I guess thats the question, what if any of my current set up will work? I am mostly looking to upgrade my current set up to work with the 2006 trucks/suv's

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the software upgrade to 2.1.10 is free so just login for that...as far as supporting 06 trucks/suv's im not sure if what if any 06's the old serial stuff will support...i know it wont support ls2/ls7 which kicks out many SUV's and some trucks...I would contact support at hptuners dot com about what supported with the old serial cable...I will say this...if your wanting to tune any ls2 powered trucks/suv's it is a hardware upgrade that you'd need which is
    $149 for serial to usb standard
    $199 for serial to usb Pro

Potential Tuner
    the software upgrade to 2.1.10 is free so just login for that...as far as supporting 06 trucks/suv's im not sure if what if any 06's the old serial stuff will support...i know it wont support ls2/ls7 which kicks out many SUV's and some trucks...I would contact support at hptuners dot com about what supported with the old serial cable...I will say this...if your wanting to tune any ls2 powered trucks/suv's it is a hardware upgrade that you'd need which is
    $149 for serial to usb standard
    $199 for serial to usb Pro

OK, would you mind pointing me in the direction of where I need to purchase this stuff? I have tried to log on and cant......

i am sitting with credit card in hand!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    nterface Upgrades:
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Std - $149
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro - $199
    MPVI Std to MPVI Pro - $289

Please e-mail sales at hptuners dot com for interface upgrade instructions.

Potential Tuner
    will do, thanks.....Hope I can get this worked out soon!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy
    will do, thanks.....Hope I can get this worked out soon!
    get me one too while your at it
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Tuner
    I have been using the same lapop since 2004 and I upgraded to the latest version of s/w for my 1998 GTP last year in July.

My laptop just died and my new laptop doesn't have a serial port... so... Is the MVPI interface the USB supported interface?

I also haven't been around a while, if I buy some credits for my 2000 Vette, am I going to have to buy credits every year to continue using it for more then 12 months?

In October of 2004 I paid $499.00 for one car, my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and soon after HPT started offering 2 year/models for the same price so I just missed it. Now I see this credit thing has some question marks about how much its going to cost to continue using HPT....

foff667, can you answer both of my questions please?

Depending on the cost it might be better to buy a cheap laptop and continue using my existing stuff. maybe I don't understand but it looks like new users have to pay $499.00 for the s/w and 49.00 per year to keep using the s/w, I sure hope not.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Is the MVPI interface the USB supported interface?
    YES

I also haven't been around a while, if I buy some credits for my 2000 Vette, am I going to have to buy credits every year to continue using it for more then 12 months?
    the credit system is only for usb MPVI users and are described here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi..._faq.htm...you use the credits to license vehicles on your own rather then having to email support for a specific year/model license...once you connect to read a vehicle it will ask you to license it http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi..._menu_read.htm

Depending on the cost it might be better to buy a cheap laptop and continue using my existing stuff. maybe I don't understand but it looks like new users have to pay $499.00 for the s/w and 49.00 per year to keep using the s/w, I sure hope not.
    im not sure where you got that information, but basically a NEW user has a choice of either the $499 or $649 versions of the USB based MPVI interface. Both interfaces come with 8 credits which is enough to PCM lock up to 4 different vehicles.

If your considering upgrading you've got two flavors
    Standard non input/output no standalone data logging=$149+shipping

MPVI Pro which has 4 inputs/2 outputs & standalone data logging=$199+shipping

if you want to tune your vette you'd need to purchase at least 2 credits@$49.99 each to do a PCM lock

There are no yearly fees associated with hptuners of anykind as software updates are now free.

Tuner
    foff667, I appreciate the reply.

I think I understand a little better now but I'm not totally in the clear.

I'll try to make a decision about what I'm going to do.

Will my serial device work if I use a usb to serial adaptor? or is it necessary that I upgrade?
    Sorry about the questions but I Haven't tried it yet because I can't find my install disk.
    Can I get a replacement install disk? I seem to have lost track of it. I do have proof that I bought HTP back in 2004.

Thanks,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Will my serial device work if I use a usb to serial adaptor?
    yes but sometimes its a hit or miss situation

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    I think I understand a little better now but I'm not totally in the clear.
    what ARENT you totally clear about...I'd rather you be totally clear then guessing & getting the wrong impression.

Tuner
    I need to educate myself on the benefits of having an interface that has inputs or outputs.
    What will that do to be useful? Can I tap into my wideband O2 sensor? I just got it and I’m planning on installing it in the next week.
    I could use a class really on how to use all the features of the software.
    Does the software tell you how to tune based on input data or do you have to figure it out?
    I figured out the 4T65E really well but haven’t dabbled in the A/F at all yet so right now I think I can tune my GTP into the 11’s.
    I don’t like paying the local jerk with the attitude $400.00 to tune my Vette, but nobody else in town has their act together so were all hosed until we et our cats together.

If the EFI 101 class would have worked into my schedule I would have taken it back in August in Grapevine TX…. I just couldn’t work it out.
    At the moment one of my biggest problems is I can’t find my install CD for my GTP but I have the image from my old laptop hard disk so I’m not totally hosed, I’ve used it before and I worked.
    Can you at least point me to the links with the information about features that will be useful with respect to how the s/w can teach you how to tune the engine?
    Thanks, I really do appreciate the fact that you have replied with respect and concern for your customers.
    Later,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Can I tap into my wideband O2 sensor?
    if its got a 0-5v analog output you can "tap into it" with the inputs.

Does the software tell you how to tune based on input data or do you have to figure it out?
    every vehicle is different, there is no set way to do things, never has been, never will be. There are 100 ways to skin a cat, pick one and stick with it.

At the moment one of my biggest problems is I can’t find my install CD for my GTP but I have the image from my old laptop hard disk
    the install CD really isnt horribly needed...just log into your customer account and you'll find the latest download is ready for your use.

Tuner
    Thank you again for the reply.
    I have one more question about the position I'm in related to your terminology of locking pcm.

Is it possible that the local guy that tuned my Vette has my PCM locked and I can't access it? he used HPT when he tuned it.

Sorry about that question but I don't understand what it means to do a PCM lock.

Thanks,

BTW, I think I've reached about 90% of a decision already.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its always possible for an hpt user to lock the pcm on you...I would ask the directly if thats what was done, BUT if your using the serial interface you WILL NOT be able to read the file UNTIL you purchase the license via sales.

Thats one of the great things about the credit based system with the USB hardware. You can order as many credits as you'd like ahead of time & use them ANYTIME so your never caught off guard. Great for if your at the track with your laptop, you get to talking to someone, and maybe they want some minor stuff done !TM, CAGS, etc...you'll have the credits right there to do a vin lock or year/group locked license and wont need to worry about emailing sales...YOU are the one that licenses what you want when you want.

nterface Upgrades:
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Std - $149
    Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro - $199
    MPVI Std to MPVI Pro - $289
    Why the heavy penalty for not buying the pro version to begin with?

MPVI Std - $499
    MPVI Pro $649

Purcahse MPVI Std and then upgrade to MPVI Pro - $789

That effectively amounts to a $140 penalty for starting with the Std. version and later upgrading to the Pro version!!

I understand charging some premium for upgrading. I guess I'm dissapointed in how much I'm being penalized for not buying the pro version to begin with.

Its not a penalty. Its costs for hardware and internal processing.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Its not a penalty. Its costs for hardware and internal processing.
    I agree there are hardware and processing costs, and I expect those. What bothers me is it seems the MPVI Std to MPVI Pro is significantly higher than other upgrade paths.

For example, the upgrade from Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro is $199, while the upgrade from MPVI Std to MPVI Pro is $289. Why is the MPVI Std to MPVI Pro significantly higher than serial Std to MPVI Pro? Maybe I'm missing something, but in the end both paths end up with an MPVI Pro, yet one costs $90 more than the other.

Since both upgrades result in an MPVI Pro, I would expect hardware and processing costs to be almost the same regardless of which upgrade path is chosen.