Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjusting Axis Values - 2012 Sonic 1.4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    In a blue 03 truck with a blown 5.3 that ended up with a donkey dick cammed 5.3 that morphed to a 408?

Yea .. that's me.

Small world, Ehh ??
    Ahh I thought so! Yea I had an 03 Silverado SS for a long time. Bought it new back in 2003 and traded it in in 2014. I was on pt as my same screen name as on here. When I seen Flyer I had a feeling that was you. Still have that truck or no?
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner
    HAH ... no. I sold it with the 408 in it. It was a beast to drive. Lots of fun. On demand burnouts from 25 and below for as long as you wanted to hold them. The guy that bought it put 22's on it. I offered some advice saying don't because it needs a tire under it, they dismissed it. A while later he totaled it running someone from a light. It got sideways with him and got into the other truck and bent the frame. The cool thing is I know who ended up with the truck (in wrecked form). He sold the powertrain to a car resto place in Dallas who was putting it in a 67 Chevelle I think.

I do miss going fast. One of our techs at the shop told me he would put a cam in my truck for almost nothing! I now have a 2014 Silverado with a 6.2. I bought it used and am almost certain it's already been tuned. It's a crew cab so it will be hard to make it as fast as I'd like to, but it's still fun to drive as is.

The Sonic was my wifes car, but since we paid it off we got her a Cruze to drive, a little bigger car and I picked it up relatively cheap. The Sonic is now my daily driver and something I don't mind playing with since I have a backup vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    HAH ... no. I sold it with the 408 in it. It was a beast to drive. Lots of fun. On demand burnouts from 25 and below for as long as you wanted to hold them. The guy that bought it put 22's on it. I offered some advice saying don't because it needs a tire under it, they dismissed it. A while later he totaled it running someone from a light. It got sideways with him and got into the other truck and bent the frame. The cool thing is I know who ended up with the truck (in wrecked form). He sold the powertrain to a car resto place in Dallas who was putting it in a 67 Chevelle I think.

I do miss going fast. One of our techs at the shop told me he would put a cam in my truck for almost nothing! I now have a 2014 Silverado with a 6.2. I bought it used and am almost certain it's already been tuned. It's a crew cab so it will be hard to make it as fast as I'd like to, but it's still fun to drive as is.

The Sonic was my wifes car, but since we paid it off we got her a Cruze to drive, a little bigger car and I picked it up relatively cheap. The Sonic is now my daily driver and something I don't mind playing with since I have a backup vehicle.

Nice. I've tuned several 2014 and up 6.2 trucks. Even heavy crew cab 4wd trucks with just a tune they run out pretty strong. Obviously nothing like your old truck or my truck I had, heck at one point I was darn near in the 11s with that sucker. I miss it but it was getting older and rusty and I didn't have the desire to sink a bunch of money into taking care of the rust plus it was gonna need a trans as well.

The Cruze I have is my "hot rod toy" these days. Lol. It's a fun car actually, I fully expect to be in the 14s in April when my local track opens back up. Was in the low low 15s this fall on 93 octane. Before April hits I'll have the cat less downpipe, more boost yet and running E85. The little cars are just GM's econo box car that aren't anything too impressive out of the factory but I wanted to take the challenge of seeing what these cars were capable of while getting 30+ mpg. I said I was just going to tune the car and that's it but I am starting down that path of modding it so might as well see how quick I can make it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    These motors have some weak weak ass valve springs and once the motor gets some miles on them (I'm at almost 90k) they just of course get weaker and weaker.
    I have a fix for the valve float. Call Steve Setzer at Performance Concepts, Iowa 319-373-5321. Steve has plenty Cruze, Sonic, Trax 1.4 high performance valve springs in stock. Just ask for Steve, tell him you want a set of 1.4 springs. Or you can send hime the head and he'll port it, plane it, install new springs and seals and send it back.

We have two 1.4s running 7500 plus with no float.

Advanced Tuner
    Good deal, I will contact him. Thanks!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

stock block on the 1.4 T should be good for around 230-240 engine HP. but stock turbo runs out of steam earlier.
    on full stock engine floating starts mostly around 190-200HP.
    did lots of them here in germany, this engine is in nearly every gm car here

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    stock block on the 1.4 T should be good for around 230-240 engine HP. but stock turbo runs out of steam earlier.
    on full stock engine floating starts mostly around 190-200HP.
    did lots of them here in germany, this engine is in nearly every gm car here
    Both our engines use Turbonetics turbos. One is a T3/T4-super 60, the other a TNX-22/44, -.49. Both have 33 mm inlet restrictors limiting air flow to 275 HP, approximately.
    I'm putting together a 2015 Trax 1.4 right now. Biggest problem so far is stripping the wring harness down for stand alone use with out BCM, TCM, and FPCM. I'm about ready to hook up the relay and switch box. I think I'll test with an old bricked E78 to see where the smoke comes out.