Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0601

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I went over the files and replaced those awful parameters from the original tune. The idle fluctuates alot once I depress the accelerator and ease it up to around 1200 to 1400 rpms it levels out and runs great, if I let off of the accelerator it goes back into the loping and sometimes dies. Although there was one instance where after holding the engine around 1400 rpms for a little while I let off of the accelerator and it purred while idling, then probably 30 seconds later it started loping, softly at first then it just went apesh*t with the extreme loping again. I was wondering if in the instance that it was idling so well if it went into closed loop or something?

Also, I should mention that I absolutely CANNOT get the ECM to learn the crankshaft position variation. Ive read and read the process and tried it standing on my head, and it just wont do it.

Help?
    doing a crank position relearn is a pain in the ass in a swap car, from my past experience. the PCM is looking for the parking brake to be set, along with your foot on the brake, and of course engine parameters being in line, if the harness doesn't have the brake and Emergency brake wired up relearn wont happen, not sure if things have changed within HPT since the last time I' have encountered definitely look over exactly what state things need to be in.
    99' SS LSR 388 twin ETR billet 76s, glide, etc
    06' C6 Z06 885rwhp/796rwtq [email protected] E85 940/840
    07' TBSS Turbocharged 6 psi 525/505
    16' C7Z A8 Stock blower slow street car 815 RWHP

Tuner in Training
    @GHuggins

Ok Ive done that now there were some other errors that had to be edited by hand like you said. Unfortunately I'm experiencing another problem

This is the screenshot from the stock tune of the 2011 CamaroVCM Editor screen shot 2.png The percentages I have circled in the column, are different from the ones in the Swap tune VCM Editor screen shot.png When I try to edit them (right click>row axis>edit) I enter the stock values and click equal and it populates the cell with -0.003

What am I missing? Is there a math or something doing this? I found a different log that had the same problem and was able to edit it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    doing a crank position relearn is a pain in the ass in a swap car, from my past experience. the PCM is looking for the parking brake to be set, along with your foot on the brake, and of course engine parameters being in line, if the harness doesn't have the brake and Emergency brake wired up relearn wont happen, not sure if things have changed within HPT since the last time I' have encountered definitely look over exactly what state things need to be in.
    Yeah Ive already had to chase down the brake signal switch wire and correct it. Ill see if I can find the parking brake wire tomorrow and see about getting it hooked up. I feel like the ECM not knowing the crank variation is part of what is holding me back. Thank you for your input

Tuning Addict
    Just put in what ever is in the 11 Camaro or if I'm understanding correctly - this is what's screwing it up? These are just throttle tip in limits - it won't hurt to leave what's there, there if you can't change them correctly - maybe something going on in HPT's software just for these tables? You can always disable tip in limiting via the main switches to disable it...

This is just a test to see if it's idling or running any better - if not - you may have to go to an entire 2010 setup???
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just put in what ever is in the 11 Camaro or if I'm understanding correctly - this is what's screwing it up? These are just throttle tip in limits - it won't hurt to leave what's there, there if you can't change them correctly - maybe something going on in HPT's software just for these tables? You can always disable tip in limiting via the main switches to disable it...

This is just a test to see if it's idling or running any better - if not - you may have to go to an entire 2010 setup???
    Yes, the percentages in the row are all set at 0.0 and the ones from the 2011 are set at 0, 5 and 15. When I try to edit them for the suburban it will only populate the cells with -0.003. But since you said it doesn't matter ill just go ahead and save and upload the tune. Thanks!

Tuning Addict
    I meant to put what was originally there back in - Not the negative values
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    I meant to put what was originally there back in - Not the negative values
    That's what I tried to do but when I would enter the original values and click = it would populate the cell with -0.003 no matter what. I even entered 1000 and hit =, same thing.

Tuner in Training
    Wrote the file to the vehicle. it started very well and idled extremely well for roughly 30 seconds then began to lope. I'm getting two new error codes, System Too Lean Bank 1 and System to Lean Bank 2. Also the inj duty cycle along with inj b1 and b2 wont show up on the vcm scanner

Tuning Addict
    You need to put your original injection tables, MAF and VE tables back in. That should correct the fueling issues hopefully.

Tuner in Training
    You need to put your original injection tables, MAF and VE tables back in. That should correct the fueling issues hopefully.
    Everything appears stock except the maf calibration table. I changed it back.

Another question I have is in reference to the Crank Position Sensor. IF the ECM hasn't learned the crank yet, what effect would that have?

Potential Tuner
    If the CKP Variation learn is not done, it can lead to false misfire codes, mis-identifying of misfires (showing on the wrong cylinder), and possibly missing misfires all together.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RagsMatt View Post
    If the CKP Variation learn is not done, it can lead to false misfire codes, mis-identifying of misfires (showing on the wrong cylinder), and possibly missing misfires all together.
    Alrighty, guess ill have to figure out where the f'in parking brake wire is supposed to go. Thanks for your input

Tuner in Training
    Idle corrected, till too lean. Injectors are still not showing on the VCM Scanner? Neither bank is showing and Inj Duty is black too. Anbody else ever had this issue?

Tuning Addict
    You may need to repoll for parameters and or delete and add them back to the scanner... Then you'll need to dial your fueling back in from the sound of things...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Here is the Original Tune File

1970 Suburban Original Tune File.hpt

And here is what Ive done so far

1970 Suburban Retune Comp Log Copy.hpt

Potential Tuner
    There is no need to worry about parking brake input. The only input you need to worry about is the brake pedal applied input.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RagsMatt View Post
    There is no need to worry about parking brake input. The only input you need to worry about is the brake pedal applied input.
    Yeah I tracked that down and got it to only have power when the brake is applied. I tried to do the crank relearn but it wouldn't. It had some emissions DTCs though. Ive gotten those cleared since so I'm gonna try it again here shortly

Tuning Addict
    Engine Diag - Airflow - you need to put all of this back... Also rezero out your cat lightoff timing tables... You need to do this to into SD correctly and then under airflow dynamic - put that back then recheck...

Finally - what was your tuners reasoning for multiplying your O2's by what he did - looks like he went x3 or x4 instead of 1.3 or 1.4?

~Greg Huggins~