Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 97 K1500 L31 5.7L, 411 swap, Aluminum Heads, High Compression Pistons. Need Help !!

Bwaaaahahaha,....funny shit there now,....sorry fellars,....sitting here drinking my morning coffee on the back porch and bout spit it everywhere when I read those last two comments. Yeah, you could say I'm easily amused,...at well thought out, yet simple, comments. Sorry Earwax, but, you gotta admit that was funny bud. We're all just a bunch of dudes trying to help each other out, and having a little fun along the way.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Advanced Tuner
    you should probably disable DFCO for the moment while trying to dial in your VE and Maf. If your not using filters and even with some filtering. it will absolutely obliterate your idle data during coastdown. Also I see your running casts and have COT still enabled. for a heads up this will cause an enrichment condition with prolonged WOT runs.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 08-13-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Oleblu, I've made sure the COT is disabled and have taken the truck out and logged and adjusted the VE tables, now its sitting really close to +or- 2to5. So i'm going to enable the LTFT and MAF and start logging for adjusting the MAF.

Tuner in Training

Tune and Logs for today's work.

Quick update, still tweaking the MAF, but I decided to switch up the ARF to 13.00 and so far I've noticed alot more power and response from the engine. Doesn't seem to struggle as much when in 3rd or 4th and just cruising with light pedal pressure. I'll post my Tune and Can logs, if anyone wants to give them a look and any more pointers. WideBand O2 sensor will be in on Tuesday so I can really get the rest of the tune done. I can honestly say after all this time it's becoming almost second nature to go through the steps to adjust and what systems to enable/disable etc when tuning. It's definitely a bit overwhelming at first but once you start the rest comes pretty easy, Nothing like tuning a 360 or 410 cube small block that lives off methanol.

I must thank you all for the help and points in the right direction. !!!

Mon MAF 11th VE AFR set to 13.00.hpl

James Sunday VE,Maf,PE.. Dyn Air, DFCO,COT LTFT Disabled AFR set 13.00.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    You can't wire a wideband sensor directly to the mpvi. You need a controller.
    Attached connection of Innovate wide band to MPVI
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    You can't wire a wideband sensor directly to the mpvi. You need a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reucroft View Post
    Attached connection of Innovate wide band to MPVI
    So you posted instructions on how to wire up a wideband controller.....

The op question was how to wire the SENSOR to the MPVI without a controller.