Thread: Magnacharger tuning

Tuner in Training

Magnacharger tuning

Has anyone used this software to tune an LS-1/6 with a Magnacharger, I'm starting to learn what is all involved but with a nonintercooled supercharger my IAT temps run on average 190 degrees and I'm not sure how to setup my spark advance.

Advanced Tuner

Re: Magnacharger tuning

Hey man... good to see you over here. I don't have any info for you, I have not got HPTuner yet...
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Tuner in Training

Wow those are high as hell, my truck with a Powerdyne runs in the 90's to 110 range. I always thought you had to pull timing for heat, just an idea.

Tuner in Training

Where is your IAT sensor located, I'd be willing to bet it is before the supercharger. On a Magnuson the IAT sensor is located in the Manifold after the supercharger, since the manifold is aluminum, the engine is aluminum, the oil temp is 180 degrees and the coolant temp is 180 degrees then it's probably a safe bet that the air inside the engine is also going to be around 180 degrees.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart a** but I'm starting to see this as a misconception on the part of a tuner who doesn't have any experience with a Magnacharger once they see the IAT temp at 180 degrees+ they freak out but don't think about where the actual temp is taken from.

Tuner in Training

Sorry for feaking out, just trying to give you an idea, by the way my IAT is after the SC and in the intake.

Sorry again I will leave it alone now and never said I was a tuner, I am new to this also and was just trying to give you some insight.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by raptorman02
    Sorry for feaking out, just trying to give you an idea, by the way my IAT is after the SC and in the intake.
    I'm not familiar with the Powerdyne but if your IAT is after the S/C and your still running right around ambient IAT's then you must have a real efficient precooler.

I'm not a tuner either and I'm starting to see just how sensitive this sytem is, thanks for the info though

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by runamuk
    Has anyone used this software to tune an LS-1/6 with a Magnacharger, I'm starting to learn what is all involved but with a nonintercooled supercharger my IAT temps run on average 190 degrees and I'm not sure how to setup my spark advance.
    The advance for the stock engine in PE or WOT is pretty close to optimum for the magnacharger. You might want to copy the high octane to the low octane table, timing in the low RPM range can be raise to 10 degrees everywhere. change the Cold WOT from 64 to 30 TP, gets you richer sooner for the boost.

IF your IAT is the air temperature under boost then 190F is possible. The PE Table sets the AFR and the IAT will pull timing accordingly. You can change the pulled timing in the Coolant Temp Spark ADV.

but then again I could be wrong.