Thread: seurity system ?

Tuner in Training

seurity system ?

Hi,

I flashed a tune about a week ago and the vette would not turn over. After trying to a couple of solutions ( relink, write entire, etc) the car still would not start. After it sat for 30-45 minutes it started right up. Ever since then the security light on the dash has not been right. If I disconnect the battery it seemms to reset, but after a drive I go to exit the car and hit the power lock ( which activates the security system) the doors do not lock the 1st time I hit the switch. I hit it a second time and the security light does not come on but the dash lights stay on and the radio light will not shut off. I just left the car and in about 10 minutes the security system got activated ( horn and lights turn on) Does anyone know how to fix this, I had to disconnect the battery because I dont want the alarm going off at all hours of the night.
    1999 Pewter Hardtop-TR224/224/114 w/Ported LS1 heads w/918's-LS6 Manifold w/stinger air intake, TPIS headers w/ Z06 cats-PRT's-Z06 sways and springs, HPTuner, Prior to headers 370 RWHP & 361 RWTQ

Senior Tuner
    The BCM gets mad if it cannot talk to the VCM during programming and sometimes throws a code and calls the VCM dead. Pull the fuse on the BCM to reset it and follow the relink procedure in the help files:

Open VCM Editor and select "Relink VATS" from the "Flash" menu. The Relink VATS form will appear.
    Put the key in the ignition and turn to the ON position (do not start the vehicle).
    Wait 10 to 15 seconds.
    Press the Commit button when ready.
    Wait for the procedure to complete.
    Turn Ignition off for 30 seconds.
    Turn Ignition on for 30 seconds.
    Turn Ignition off for 30 seconds.
    Turn Ignition on for 30 seconds.
    The vehicle has now relinked the VCM to the BCM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, would disconnecting the battery be ok instead of pulling the fuse, if not then I have to locate that fuse which I am not having luck with.
    1999 Pewter Hardtop-TR224/224/114 w/Ported LS1 heads w/918's-LS6 Manifold w/stinger air intake, TPIS headers w/ Z06 cats-PRT's-Z06 sways and springs, HPTuner, Prior to headers 370 RWHP & 361 RWTQ

Advanced Tuner
    Did the 99 even have a BCM?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Did the 99 even have a BCM?

You never know until you run the VIN. Something is controlling the door locks.
    And that something cannot be the VCM. If its some aftermarket thingy, then its anybodys guess as to whats wrong.

Yes cbota, you can pull the negative battery cable for a minute to reset everything.