Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRPP 47lb/hr Injector Data in HPTuners

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sorry to bring this thread to the top but I'm installing these guys come monday https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9593-G302 and I'd like to get the injector data spot on.

I've got the injector data here https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-g302.pdf but I'm having a problem wrapping my head around getting the flow rate high 12011 & flow rate low 12010 tables correct. What do I multiple these tables by for my particular application 2014 Ford Mustang GT5.0 and moreover WHY?

Additionally the multiplier tables, the datasheet shows from 20-60psi but in my cal it goes from 40-70 so I'm wondering if I should just make it match the datasheet or extrapolate the data and keep my 40-70 settings?

The PW min is easy, just enter in the value, as is the brakepoint, however I'm confused as shit on the other tables.

TIA
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    sorry to bring this thread to the top but I'm installing these guys come monday https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9593-G302 and I'd like to get the injector data spot on.

I've got the injector data here https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-g302.pdf but I'm having a problem wrapping my head around getting the flow rate high 12011 & flow rate low 12010 tables correct. What do I multiple these tables by for my particular application 2014 Ford Mustang GT5.0 and moreover WHY?

Additionally the multiplier tables, the datasheet shows from 20-60psi but in my cal it goes from 40-70 so I'm wondering if I should just make it match the datasheet or extrapolate the data and keep my 40-70 settings?

The PW min is easy, just enter in the value, as is the brakepoint, however I'm confused as shit on the other tables.

TIA
    The best advice given to me is use this tune https://www.hptuners.com/customers/t...wnload&id=2060 as it has the FRPP 47lb injectors in it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    The best advice given to me is use this tune https://www.hptuners.com/customers/t...wnload&id=2060 as it has the FRPP 47lb injectors in it.
    Thanks but no thanks, the injector data doesn't match. I'd prefer to learn the correct method to entering the data. I believe it might be as simple as entering the data into the conversion chart using the pressure they are rated at 39.5psi and enter the normalizer value of 65psi that I've heard thrown around but I'm still searching for a clear yes/no answer on that as well as why a value of 65 when the majority of the inferred rail pressure values are at 55psi. Right about now I'd like to punch ford in the mouth.

Senior Tuner
    Could it be to compensate for the 10psi of manifold vacuum?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    holy shit it clicked. In the roush file they are talking about they adjusted the normalizer to 65psi hence the reason they entered in the flow rate high value of 60lb/hr, thats where the multipliers come in ecm 32060, you'll notice at 65psi its a 1.0 multiplier ie 60x1=60 but look at the 39.2psi cell .7760, now take 60x.7760=46.6lb injectors

So basically you can either do it either way, the way roush did it or you would need to use all the values in the data sheet including all the axis points but you get to the same value in the end. So glad it finally clicking, I've been wondering all day why in some cals such as GT500 I'm seeing logical values in the flow rate high slot of 56 for 56lb injectors and 48 for 47lb injectors but I couldn't understand why people would be entering 60 for 47lb injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    holy shit it clicked. In the roush file they are talking about they adjusted the normalizer to 65psi hence the reason they entered in the flow rate high value of 60lb/hr, thats where the multipliers come in ecm 32060, you'll notice at 65psi its a 1.0 multiplier ie 60x1=60 but look at the 39.2psi cell .7760, now take 60x.7760=46.6lb injectors

So basically you can either do it either way, the way roush did it or you would need to use all the values in the data sheet including all the axis points but you get to the same value in the end. So glad it finally clicking, I've been wondering all day why in some cals such as GT500 I'm seeing logical values in the flow rate high slot of 56 for 56lb injectors and 48 for 47lb injectors but I couldn't understand why people would be entering 60 for 47lb injectors.
    That makes a lot of sense...I never bothered too look to deep into it but i know the multipliers are there to tell it the new size of the injectors as inferred pressure moves up/down.

This is how I have the 47's set up, exactly how they are in the Roush file, which makes them 47# injectors at 39psi and 56# at 55psi(which is what coyotes run them at)...now another question that comes up after reviewing it more is how to set these injectors up on a return style fuel system? Since pressure is always 50psi(with boost reference) you would be looking at the injectors pushing the same amount of fuel all the time...the relays make sure it's always running at 100%

So maybe something like:

Fuel flow rate high: 48#(same as gt500)
    Injector flow rate high multiplier: 39psi =1, 50psi = 1.13, 60psi =1.24(pretty much same as the gt500)

In the end it should equal to what it should flow at those pressures. Now I currently have a return system on Lu47's and made all the multiples 1's, inferred pressure is all 55's, so after doing the math, my injectors are programmed to be 60#/min when in reality they are 56#[email protected] I may need to change to the 60#/min to 56#/min

Another question that comes up is if the car has a return style system running off of a relay harness, then there is no high/low switching...the car is always running the same base pressure 100% of the time...so should we set the "fuel flow rate low" to the same value as "fuel flow rate high" since there should be zero difference because there is no longer a low or high mode...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jn2; 12-02-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So after reviewing the Shelby multipliers and thinking about it for a bit, this is what I'm going to try and run using the LU47s on a return style system set to 55psi. Previous I ran the Roush values of 84#/min on the low and 60.9# on the high with all the multipliers set to 1 like we normally do when we do return style systems. How ever after doing the math this makes the low side inaccurate AF since im telling it the injectors is 84# 100% of the time bc all the multipliers are a 1 and pressure is 55psi. High side is off as well by 4psi as well since it's actually 56#....this should be a a bit more accurate on return set up

EDIT: Now I could also just set all the multiples to 1's and then set the low/high flow rates to the end value, it would be the same thing...ima do that instead of my pic lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jn2; 12-02-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    That makes a lot of sense...I never bothered too look to deep into it but i know the multipliers are there to tell it the new size of the injectors as inferred pressure moves up/down.

This is how I have the 47's set up, exactly how they are in the Roush file, which makes them 47# injectors at 39psi and 56# at 55psi(which is what coyotes run them at)...now another question that comes up after reviewing it more is how to set these injectors up on a return style fuel system? Since pressure is always 50psi(with boost reference) you would be looking at the injectors pushing the same amount of fuel all the time...the relays make sure it's always running at 100%

So maybe something like:

Fuel flow rate high: 48#(same as gt500)
    Injector flow rate high multiplier: 39psi =1, 50psi = 1.13, 60psi =1.24(pretty much same as the gt500)

In the end it should equal to what it should flow at those pressures. Now I currently have a return system on Lu47's and made all the multiples 1's, inferred pressure is all 55's, so after doing the math, my injectors are programmed to be 60#/min when in reality they are 56#[email protected] I may need to change to the 60#/min to 56#/min

Another question that comes up is if the car has a return style system running off of a relay harness, then there is no high/low switching...the car is always running the same base pressure 100% of the time...so should we set the "fuel flow rate low" to the same value as "fuel flow rate high" since there should be zero difference because there is no longer a low or high mode...
    Flow Rate Low is at LOW injector pulsewidths, not at low fuel pressure.
    Ford uses a two slope model for their port injectors.

See http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/ for example.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Flow Rate Low is at LOW injector pulsewidths, not at low fuel pressure.
    Ford uses a two slope model for their port injectors.

See http://injectordynamics.com/articles...racterization/ for example.
    ok that makes sense, so What I ended up doing is using the low and high flow rates from the LU47 data sheet and applied the corrections myself for 55psi as shown in my pictures, I set the pressure multipliers all to 1s and the low/high flows to the total of the previous equations...