Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCM scanner plus

Advanced Tuner

Re: VCM scanner plus

Quote Originally Posted by striker
    how can u charge for yearly coverage of software upgrades then charge for the upgrades again just by putting an addtional plus at the end??
    At least they aren't just adding the additional features to the VCM Pro Scanner and leaving us Standard users out in the cold. For that, I am grateful.

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We put an enormous amount of time into our products and feel they are priced very fairly.
    I for one wouldn't even think of arguing that fact. Everything about the hptuners interface that I have seen has been top notch, and I don't think anyone would talk down about it's user friendly nature when compared to anything else currently on the market. The only reason I made the comment I did, was because a software upgrade is a software upgrade. If you market your product as including software upgrades, then it should. But where this company draws its line in what is included in that is simply a matter of ethics. Where that lies within hptuners is not my decision.
    2016 Camaro SS

If you have noticed through our updates, we continue to develop new features. We have many more features planned and our software will continue to grow.

Software bug fixes are free even if you have an expired software update period. This is the reason why our first customers will still receive the entire life of the 1.5, 1.6, etc. etc. software line. After 1.5 we do plan to begin work on 2.0. 1.5.1 may just be minor bug fixes found in the 1.x software release.

1.5 is a big software update. 2.0 will be even bigger, we hope.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    If you have noticed through our updates, we continue to develop new features. We have many more features planned and our software will continue to grow.

Software bug fixes are free even if you have an expired software update period. This is the reason why our first customers will still receive the entire life of the 1.5, 1.6, etc. etc. software line. After 1.5 we do plan to begin work on 2.0. 1.5.1 may just be minor bug fixes found in the 1.x software release.

1.5 is a big software update. 2.0 will be even bigger, we hope.

nice way to dodge the topic.. :-[

Advanced Tuner

You could always sell your HP Tuners (thankfully they have resale value) and buy the other guy's stuff if you're not happy. The policy is what the policy is, if you don't like it... Not trying to be mean, but beating this dead horse is useless.

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!