Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TPS% Help Needed

After a Full Write of the GTO Computer to run it in the SSR then the TPS% would only raise to 83% TPS for full 100% ETC like all SSR computers. With the GTO/C6 Full Write the Computer shows 88% TPS for full 100% ETC. It is a table that is in the programming so we can adjust the relationship between TPS% vs ETC%.

Tuner
    bump
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Potential Tuner
    I have an 06 monte carlo lt with the 3900 v6, and it has an electronic throttle body and it also says it cuts out at 84%. i tried the area scaler a little bit, but with other things i tried and driving it buck nasty, and it was in an accident before i got it, and everything electrical cutting out on me and other shit, i reset it all back to stock so i can start over again. I need to take it to the dealership to get this shit fixed.

Tuner
    hows about an update here? thank you
    Last edited by moregrip; 09-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Potential Tuner
    I checked a 07 Tahoe 5.3 and a 07 Z71 with the 6.0 and both are showing 83 to 84 % at WOT! Maybe thats part of the 100k warranty? Hope it can be fixed soon!

The TPS% SAE value is calculated based on the % of 5 volts that the TPS sensors are reporting and it will vary with the individual applications. DON'T ask me why GM does it that way. They just do.

ETC% is the real % of WOT that the throttle is at.

The only thing TPS (SAE)% 83-84-88% is telling you is that the sensors are at a slightly different voltage at WOT. It doesn't mean the throttle isn't at WOT.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    The TPS% SAE value is calculated based on the % of 5 volts that the TPS sensors are reporting and it will vary with the individual applications. DON'T ask me why GM does it that way. They just do.

ETC% is the real % of WOT that the throttle is at.

The only thing TPS (SAE)% 83-84-88% is telling you is that the sensors are at a slightly different voltage at WOT. It doesn't mean the throttle isn't at WOT.
    OK Thanks for the help!

I should add that this applies to LS2/LS7/All GenIV motors not GenIII LS1/LS6/LM7/LQ9 etc...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Have any of you removed the intake tubing and "physically" look at the position of the throttle plate to see if it is really falling short?? Stupid thought I know but if you haven't, look.
    If the butterfly isn't opening all the way, again I am not familiar with your set up at all, can the linkage from the original be transfered to the one you are using? If the throttle body is motorized, non-cable, forget everything I just said....

The TB is Fly By Wire. The Blade movement has been checked and it is falling short of full movement. Is there any update on this? Thanks in advance!

Has anything been solved or worked out? Can HPTuners do a a voltage scaler to allow getting 100% throttle on the 90mm?
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    I should add that this applies to LS2/LS7/All GenIV motors not GenIII LS1/LS6/LM7/LQ9 etc...
    I have the same problem on my LS1. The TPS% is maxing at 85%. I tried adding the ETC Position % PID and it just sits at 0%.

Do I need to add another PID in order for this to be functional? Is this affecting what the computer is interpreting as WOT?
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk Canadian #C029
    SLP DD Bolt-on Subframe Connectors; SLP Loudmouth Exhaust; SLP Bellows; Hotchkis Strut Brace; Powerslot rotors and Hawk Performance Brake Pads; Lou's Short Stick; !TCS; !CAGS; HP Tuners Programming

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like something is wrong with your TB 02LS1Hawk, or check to see if your mat is getting in the way of you goin wot. YOur 02 Hawk doesnt have ETC so its not an ETC problem in your case & rather something mechanical is wrong.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks. I have confirmed the issue. When I go under the hood and manually open the throttle, I am able to get it to go to 100%. I will have to investigate the cause as the floor mat is not an issue.

There is a small plastic stop tha is installed under the gas pedal arm that may be there to stop it from going to 100%. It is odd that this would be on puropse, but I suspect that for the entire time I have had my car, it has never gone beyond this 85% throttle. I will do some research to see if anyone else has had this issue.

The throttle cable feeds through the cruise control module, so it may be some slack created by that route, but I'm not sure. I will look for adjustments on the cable as well...it seems I just need to tighten up the slack.
    SLP DD Bolt-on Subframe Connectors; SLP Loudmouth Exhaust; SLP Bellows; Hotchkis Strut Brace; Powerslot rotors and Hawk Performance Brake Pads; Lou's Short Stick; !TCS; !CAGS; HP Tuners Programming

Well, I have had huge success. I purchased the GM service manual DVD a while back and found that there was a cable adjustment in the cable between the cruise module and the throttle body. I made the adjustment and have instantly seen a .2s drop in my 40kph to 76kph time in first gear.

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I suspect it has been for quite a while. My throttle response is a lot better from 0%...a bit touchy, but I sure like it!

It is going to 100% TPS now, and I don't have to try to drive my foot through the floor...and it is going to 0% when I take my foot off so the cable is just right now.

I look forward to going to the track to see if this helps.