Thread: Explain to me why this shifting into 5th

Senior Tuner

Explain to me why this shifting into 5th

In tap up/down M4 with 4th gear selected in bidirectional controls?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner in Training
    The only anomaly that I see in the tune is that you have your full throttle shift speed for pattern B going into 6th set to 0. I know that shouldn't affect TUTD shifting into 5th, but weird things can happen if you have some conflicting parameters in parts of the tranny tune.

Other than that, maybe the trans is going into over-temp mode? You could try temporarily raising the full throttle shift RPM for the HOT portion to 8000 or so and see if that cures the issue. If it does, then you have your tranny getting hot, which is an entirely different problem to deal with.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTwo View Post
    The only anomaly that I see in the tune is that you have your full throttle shift speed for pattern B going into 6th set to 0. I know that shouldn't affect TUTD shifting into 5th, but weird things can happen if you have some conflicting parameters in parts of the tranny tune.

Other than that, maybe the trans is going into over-temp mode? You could try temporarily raising the full throttle shift RPM for the HOT portion to 8000 or so and see if that cures the issue. If it does, then you have your tranny getting hot, which is an entirely different problem to deal with.
    Alot of the stuff for Pattern B is 0 because that setup doesnt use it pretty sure under any circumstance

It shifting into 5th.. not 6th
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere