Thread: Scaling for Spark Table

Tuner in Training

Scaling for Spark Table

I notice the scaling for the MAF is in hz. I want to
    rescale the table w/respect to hz. For example, change the 12000hz to 16000hz and then shift the other values to data I have from flowing my meter.

The meter I have is recalibrated to indicate a higher airflow at a lower hz to support a high hp blown car. This keeps me from ripping past the maf's limit and give me room to tune. The same applies to g/cyl and rpm for spark data.

The question: How can I edit those values? hz, g/cyl, rpm scaling, etc. Feel free to send a private email--I don't need your software to edit this, just really need to know where the data is to change it in the bin. I currently have your 03 Z06 suite. [email protected]

THANKS for any help....

Re: Scaling for Spark Table

the MAF table gives the airflow (g/sec) at a particular frequency (Hz). You cannot change the frequency scale, what you can do is change the airflow values. So if you know the output frequency of the modified MAF at a given flow just punch it in.

g/cyl is calculated from this value based on RPM so it takes care of itself.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Chris,

Why can't the hz scale be changed?? Its just data like the rest of the file right??

none of the axis scales in the PCM are stored as data, they are hardcoded into the operating system. the lookups work by prescaling the input variable (such as Hz) so that it crossrefernces (or lookups) the relevant table data value.

To modify the scale you would have to change the core operating system. GM has done this, for an example the V6 code has a smaller range on the MAF freq than the v8 etc. But it's not something that is easily changed.

If your MAF reports a lower freq for a higher airflow, you just need to compenstae in this table. It's how GM calibrates the engine for a LS1 MAF vs LS6 MAF for example. The LS6 flows more air for a given freq.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Well, I see that you are able to READ the data (its displayed in the software), so I thought you could write it as well.
    Can you point me to the inline executable address? Also, is the executable code stored in the 512k bin w/the cal data?

Thanks.

the values on the axis in the editor are entered by us manually based on the code, they are not stored in the PCM.

The code is in the 512k binary file (in fact only 96k of the binary is cal, the rest is code). It really is a big job to do what you are thinking of (i don;t see why it is necessary if you have your MAF recalibrated). Also, with VCM Suite Std you can only reflash the calibration section, not the code.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Thanks for the info.