Thread: KR sensitivity

Tuner

KR sensitivity

Is there a way to adjust the actual sensitivity of the knock sensor on a 98 TA. I know you can increase the decay rate but I don't know about the sensitivity of it. Thanks
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Potential Tuner

Re: KR sensitivity

You can't adjust the senstivity of the sensors or what the PCM views as knock. You can only adjust the PCM's response to knock activity.

Tim

Tuner

What is the proper way to adjust knock recovery. What multiplication value should I use to make it recover faster? thanks
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Tuner

The higher the number the quicker the recovery according to the help file.

The 98 LS1 has a more sensitive knock sensor right?
    1998 Trans Am&&1989 Mustang GT

Tuner

In ls1edit, you can raise the "noisefloor" which means, just like it would on a microphone for a computer, you can filter out the background noise more and more till you dont hear any anymore.. stock is like 1.7 i believe, and just changing it to 1.8 or 1.9 greatly improves the false kr events, but is still sensitive enough to hear all real kr.. i dont have hptuners yet, so i dont know what it is called in your program, or i would tell you exactly.,, another thing you could do is just upgrade both your knock sensors with newer ones. that works sometimes also, they are less sensitive.
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Advanced Tuner

Does anyone know if HPTuner suppports this ???

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    In ls1edit, you can raise the "noisefloor" which means, just like it would on a microphone for a computer, you can filter out the background noise more and more till you dont hear any anymore.. stock is like 1.7 i believe, and just changing it to 1.8 or 1.9 greatly improves the false kr events, but is still sensitive enough to hear all real kr.. i dont have hptuners yet, so i dont know what it is called in your program, or i would tell you exactly.,, another thing you could do is just upgrade both your knock sensors with newer ones. that works sometimes also, they are less sensitive.
    2007 CTS-V LS2