Thread: 2011 rt charger injector tuning help

Tuner in Training

2011 rt charger injector tuning help

Hey guys have 2011 5.7 charger with 650cc injectors. We are running e85 fueling. Need help with injector data calibrating on injectors. LTFT are running rich from what I can see in the log file. From my understanding we need to adjust the fuel mass vs injector pulse width tables? Has cold air intake. Has bigger 90mm throttle body upgrade. Exhaust upgrade. Can someone run thru the stock file for us and help out for e85. stock RT charger.hpt

From what I have found this guy is usuing this kind of forumla to figure out the fuel mass vs injector pulse width.
    -----------------------READ BELOW

To easy calibrate injectors, log fuel trims, injector pullse width and reqd charge cyl 1.
    I do that with diablo, but many dodge logging in hpt allow this to.

As base, choose values for pulse that you like, or you can leave what they are.
    if you leave what they are, easy will be to multiply Fuel Mass by percent, so if stock are 34,5 and new are 60lb, multiply by 1.73.
    If you don't leave them, do calculations.
    Take how much flow your injector have and convert it to g/ms, most calculators do to g/s, so divide it by 1000.

So for 60lb injectors it will be 0.007559872833333
    for 34,5lb injectors it will be 0.0043469

Multiply this by injector pulse values and you have flow.
    This will be linear base calibration.
    You can also multiply stock values by percent (fuel mass)
    Fill values for both tables.

For final tweak, use log.
    Import file to excel, divide injector pulse by 1000, divide reqd fuel charge by 1000 sort it by pulse or fuel mass and copy values to you table that are already corrected by PCM.

I dialed mine in 30 minutes with this method.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by sayangetsome; 01-06-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    There is more than one way to tune for E85. IMO the preferred way is to adjust stoich for E85. The other way is manipulating the fuel mass tables. If you do it the fuel mass way, you will have negative fuel trims as you're injecting more fuel than the PCM wants to be to compensate for E85. By doing it the fuel mass way you're tricking the PCM into injecting more fuel than it thinks it should in other words, so your fuel trims should be off by whatever percent you added

Tuner in Training
    I adjusted only FA stoich and it give us a worse idle. My LTFT say -33%. I subtracted 33 percent from fuel mass tables and it doesnt make a change. Then I reset the adaptives and it wont even start. NEED more assistance. Ill post the stock tune here maybe you guys can look at it for me. We are running 650cc injectors.

Get the correct data for the injector, when the data is off and you set the fuel trims using incorrect data you actually create errors in the airflow calculation. Then adjust the stoich for E85 and all the spark axis and torque calculations remain correct.