Thread: Does the PLX SM-AFR come with everything I need

Tuner in Training

Does the PLX SM-AFR come with everything I need

Hi all

Does the PLX come with everything I need to hook it up to my HPTuners IEO?

Thanks
    Bud

Tuner
    Yes it does.

03 Silverado Z71, 6.0L (LQ4), Magnacharger Radix, 90mm TB, 9psi boost, 60# Mototron FM Injectors, Meth Injection, LPE GT7 Cam, PI Vigilante 2600, FLT Level 5 4l65E, Dynatech, Custom Stainless Dual Exhaust, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10's, Electric Fans, AirAid CAI. HSW Dry Nitrous with 50 shot. 11.73 @ 114 - 2Bar SD - @@@Photos and Video@@@

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bhajek
    Hi all

Does the PLX come with everything I need to hook it up to my HPTuners IEO?

Thanks
    Bud
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago. And they do not come with the bung hole threads.....have to order it separately.

Are you going to have a separate bung or install inplace of stock NB ???

PS....I just got an email from them saying they are awaiting delivery of the SM-AFR alum boxes and will not be shipping till next thrusday at earliest!!!

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Tuner in Training
    I had a extra bung I had put in while I was getting my clutch done.

So I will be running my stock NBs.

So when you say it doesnt come with a bung hole thread, are you talking about the bung itself?

Thanks
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago. And they do not come with the bung hole threads.....have to order it separately.

Are you going to have a separate bung or install inplace of stock NB ???

PS....I just got an email from them saying they are awaiting delivery of the SM-AFR alum boxes and will not be shipping till next thrusday at earliest!!!

DH

Correct, the WB o2 header bung is not included in the kit but you're already good to go.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Not A Tuner
    I had a extra bung I had put in while I was getting my clutch done.

So I will be running my stock NBs.

So when you say it doesnt come with a bung hole thread, are you talking about the bung itself?

Thanks
    Bud
    Correct.....they sell the Bung separately ($10.....I think).....so I quess you will have everything else from PLX.

They have great support....answer the phone and emails !!!!

DH

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys

The funny thing is I have a FJO sitting on my workbench but it looks like the PLX Unit is a more plug and play unit on the HPTuner then the FJO is.

Thanks again
    Bud

I have the FJO wideband, and just need to add the 2 analog wires to pins 1 & 5 of the interface module. Very easy and has been trouble free for over 3 years and many tunes.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    How about setting up the HPTuners to see the 5v correctly from the FJO. Thats one of my big concerns.

Also after I use the power plug, wideband plug, and guage plug I have three wires left to play with, coming out of my controller box, one blue, one greenish and a black coax lucking plug. Which of these wires do I hook up to the 1 and 5 of the interface? Do I need to order something else from FJO or do I just splice?

Thanks Russ
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    I have the FJO wideband, and just need to add the 2 analog wires to pins 1 & 5 of the interface module. Very easy and has been trouble free for over 3 years and many tunes.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by bhajek; 01-06-2007 at 11:24 AM.

How about setting up the HPTuners to see the 5v correctly from the FJO. Thats one of my big concerns.

Also after I use the power plug, wideband plug, and guage plug I have three wires left to play with, coming out of my controller box, one blue, one greenish and a black coax lucking plug. Which of these wires do I hook up to the 1 and 5 of the interface? Do I need to order something else from FJO or do I just splice?

Thanks Russ
    Bud
    Go to post #8 in this link.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...&highlight=FJO

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Great info, thanks again

One more question, I saw where Keith from HPTuners said the fjo curve is in the software. Does that mean I dont have to seat anything in HPTuners to get my FJO to work after I hook everything up?

Again Thanks
    Bud

Go to post #8 in this link.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...&highlight=FJO

Russ Kemp

Just insert the FJO wideband into the table display input #1 as shown. Plug & play!

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thanks A Lot

Bud

Just insert the FJO wideband into the table display input #1 as shown. Plug & play!

Russ Kemp