Thread: HP Tuner change for Comp Cam phaser lock

Potential Tuner

HP Tuner change for Comp Cam phaser lock

I just finished a cam/lifter job on a 2014 5.7 Ram. The cam is from Comp Cams and it came with a cam phaser limiter. In the instructions it states: make sure that the maximum retard amount entered for any of the cam phaser tables does not exceed 14 degrees. Does I change any of the settings on the main page or do I reduce the numbers in any of the tables? If so which tables? I have HP Tuners and I have already disabled the MDS.
    Thanks for the info.
    Ram2.PNGRam1.PNG

Tuner in Training
    Which cam is it?

Quote Originally Posted by derek502 View Post
    I just finished a cam/lifter job on a 2014 5.7 Ram. The cam is from Comp Cams and it came with a cam phaser limiter. In the instructions it states: make sure that the maximum retard amount entered for any of the cam phaser tables does not exceed 14 degrees. Does I change any of the settings on the main page or do I reduce the numbers in any of the tables? If so which tables? I have HP Tuners and I have already disabled the MDS.
    Thanks for the info.
    Ram2.PNGRam1.PNG
    in the exhaust camshaft page, I have exhaust max and lock pin at max exhaust advance of 125, and exhaust min at 111(125-14=111). then in the tables for desired angle, wot desired angle, catalyst heating desired airflow, and misc. desired angle can all be changed to whatever you want. you do not need to change these because the cam is being mechanically limited so nothing bad will happen, but, for max performance those are the tables to tune the cam angle for power or fuel economy. depending on the cam depends how much change you should make. for me, I only go 5 degrees (125 to 120 never been on a dyno to know what cam angle makes peak power) and have that set for all the tables for a uniform feel and no weird cam timing resulting in sluggish launches
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd