Thread: Added meth and no temp drop?

Advanced Tuner

Added meth and no temp drop?

I added a snow kit to my c7 z06. M6 nozzle. I expected some sort of temp drop measured at the manifold air temp sensor but it's basically the same as before meth so I'm confused. I'm spraying 100% meth once I go wot. Is there something I'm missing or does meth just not work like I thought it would. It is working BTW I've had to adjust fueling for it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenand1988 View Post
    I added a snow kit to my c7 z06. M6 nozzle. I expected some sort of temp drop measured at the manifold air temp sensor but it's basically the same as before meth so I'm confused. I'm spraying 100% meth once I go wot. Is there something I'm missing or does meth just not work like I thought it would. It is working BTW I've had to adjust fueling for it.
    MAT is calculated. The car has little to no idea you’re spraying meth…aside from less knock I’d guess.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Advanced Tuner
    Hm I obviously didn't know about that. I assumed it had a temp sensor in one of the map sensors. This means I can't use the iat spark table like I hoped. Do you know how it's calculated?

Breakout iat 1 from MAF… be easier to watch it drop… also m6 is a small nozzle so won’t make a huge temp change..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Breakout iat 1 from MAF… be easier to watch it drop… also m6 is a small nozzle so won’t make a huge temp change..
    I'm sure someone makes a harness for that or is there a diy way to do it? And yes Ive already ordered a 10 and a 15

What water/meth does only happens after it's in the chamber, there just isn't enough of it to really affect heat in the air mass unless you pump in enough that it's dripping out the tailpipes. I guess it might look like it's some kind of physics-defying magic if you spray it directly onto the charge temp sensor... but then, unplugging the sensor will make it go to -40, if you're just chasing a number.

Advanced Tuner
    I was hoping to tune with spark iat and not change the ho table. It would have been safer that way. I'm not going to drill and tap a new sensor location. Is what it is. I trust it's working.

Senior Tuner
    There is a IAT 2 or 3 pid you can log on LT4's. It doesn't match manifold temp. I think it is labeled IAT B1S3 or something odd like that.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

are you logging IAT2?
    Specializing in calibrating GM vehicles. HPtuners and HolleyEFI

Remote tuning services email [email protected]
    instagram: tunedbymmt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesho-27 View Post
    are you logging IAT2?
    Yes I do log that as well. Where is it measured?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenand1988 View Post
    Yes I do log that as well. Where is it measured?
    Look for a IAT S3 pid I can't remember the exact name.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Look for a IAT S3 pid I can't remember the exact name.
    Does that sensor better represent Temps in the intake though?