Thread: Help with 95mm zl1 tb

Tuner in Training

Help with 95mm zl1 tb

Just wondering what everyone is putting on the throttle area limit when changing to a unported 95mm zl1 tb. Stock is 4703.9 if my calcs are right shouldnt it be 5054?? Its running good but notice a flat spot when first touching the throttle and it wasnt there befote. Any help appreciated.

Tuner
    I'm having the exact same problem with a ported 95mm TB. I raised the area as you did but I think that jacks up the predicted engine torque. When my predicted matches the Peak engine torque the TB closes to about 50%. This usually happens around 2700rpm then opens at about 3100rpm. I'm going to set the area back to stock to see it if helps.

If you find a cure please let me know. I've been chasing this for a year. Sometimes it opens and some times it opens and closes back down. I think it's air quality. The better the air the more torque it makes and some where in the tune closes the TB when predicted reaches the peak torque and mine is 879.
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner in Training
    I could be very wrong here, but from my understanding, changing the throttle area won't do much and the secret sauce is related to the virtual torque table

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G8Paul View Post
    I could be very wrong here, but from my understanding, changing the throttle area won't do much and the secret sauce is related to the virtual torque table
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Correct
    I second that correct. Log virtual torque pids / adjustments to virtual torque tables (trial and error) and youll see a world of difference.
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

Tuner
    Tthey are right. I set mine back to the stock area and no differencce. But I have been adding 5% in the 2400rpm range for ever and I still get a dip at 2700rpm..
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.