Thread: PE Power Enrichment while towing issue. Tune and log attached.

Tuner in Training

PE Power Enrichment while towing issue. Tune and log attached.

Enable tq set at 60%
    Enable pedal set at 60%
    Enable RPM set at 2000rpm

I set the RPM at 2000 because I don't need PE coming on under 2000 RPM while cruising not towing.

When I reviewed my log after verifying the above changes there were plenty of areas where I thought PE would/should be coming on but didn't and I am seeing KR.

What am I missing here? 2016 Yukon mod Josh #7 (no TC LCK UP 1-5) (TH HS shft pnts) (dsrd TCC slip 0) (4wd lw no TC 1-8).hptLog-0020-1GKS2CKJXGR455961.hpl

Tuning Addict
    You have to ramp the settings in. It's going to need to go into PE quicker with higher rpms. Also keep in mind these guys are torque based, so if you start experiencing weird idle issues then you probably went too low with everything.

Also the 2000 rpm setting means it will be delayed below 2000rpms, not that it won't work below 2000rpms. You also have other delays such as temperature settings that will cause it not to enter right away - I haven't looked at the tune, but make sure to check those.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Enable tq set at 60%
    Enable pedal set at 60%
    Enable RPM set at 2000rpm

I set the RPM at 2000 because I don't need PE coming on under 2000 RPM while cruising not towing.

When I reviewed my log after verifying the above changes there were plenty of areas where I thought PE would/should be coming on but didn't and I am seeing KR.

What am I missing here? 2016 Yukon mod Josh #7 (no TC LCK UP 1-5) (TH HS shft pnts) (dsrd TCC slip 0) (4wd lw no TC 1-8).hptLog-0020-1GKS2CKJXGR455961.hpl
    The enable torque % is calculated from the MAX torque in the torque management side. Just a FYI if you haven't seen it.

I like to make sure PE is setup in a "i'm definitely asking for power" way. It's easy to get in a situation especially in a truck on the highway were you get into PE where it really wasn't needed.

The new express vans have to be the worst about getting into PE. It seems like MINUTES of wide open throttle to get them to go into PE.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    The enable torque % is calculated from the MAX torque in the torque management side. Just a FYI if you haven't seen it.

I like to make sure PE is setup in a "i'm definitely asking for power" way. It's easy to get in a situation especially in a truck on the highway were you get into PE where it really wasn't needed.

The new express vans have to be the worst about getting into PE. It seems like MINUTES of wide open throttle to get them to go into PE.
    I assume it's based on the tq% at the current rpm?

If my goal is to not have PE come on unless I'm over 2k rpms under a heavy load what settings would you recommend I change and what would you recommend changing them to? I'm towing and trying to avoid downshifts where I can.

Thanks

Tuning Addict
    Downshifting isn't a bad thing. I would personally focus on putting some power in elsewhere instead of just power enrichment. Look at timing - all the tables ignition wise and cam timing. Cut cam timing in half and throw some ignition into it. Don't be afraid to have it downshift to keep the rpms up a little as this will actually make the engine more adiabatic efficient and might actually surprise you on economy. High gear holds are only good for 67ish and up mph on flat highway...

If you're dead set on getting it to hold gears longer - add some to the rpm areas of your virtual torque map tables, but don't mess with the airmass ones...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC