Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2l escalade afm/dod delete with truck norris cam

Tuner in Training

6.2l escalade afm/dod delete with truck norris cam

i really need some guidance in this adventure of the tuning world...
    attached is my log and current tune (4th attempt)
    i have the pedel the gas to fire up
    truck still feels like its misfiring
    i can get it to drive and it smooths out but still no power
    in low gear it bogs but once i get rpms up alil it basically coasts at about 1500rpms
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Have you sealed DoD oil passages?
    Looks like DoD cylinder lifters are collapsed.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs

Tuner in Training
    the delete kit came with the valley delete with plugs for the oil valleys...
    afm lifters were replaced with new non afm/dod lifters

Senior Tuner
    You're supposed to disable VVT with that cam. Hopefully the valves didn't get bent from hitting the pistons.

Engine>Airflow>Variable Camshaft>General set Camshafts to None.

DTC's:
    P0010 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1) (Pending, Permanent)
    P0358 - Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit (Permanent)
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-18-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok it's set to none but didn't see a change but where do I look for the dtc problems cuz the come and go and the first one should be because the vvt delete right? And the coil malfunction I don't know why that's going on....

Senior Tuner
    Fix both of them.

Senior Tuner
    Oh sorry I missed the first part of your question. Connect to your vehicle and run VCM Scanner. DTC's are found at Vehicle>Diagnostics & Info. The reason I saw the DTC's is that when I opened your log file I clicked Log Details in the very bottom left.

Second part of your question. P0010 is probably because when the DoD delete was done so was VVT delete.
    - Connect to vehicle with VCM Scanner (MPVI plugged in and connected to PC, ignition on, VCM Scanner Vehicle>Connect). Clear the code using Diagnostics and Info function. Disconnect (Vehicle>Disconnect). Close VCM Scanner. Don't unplug or turn the key off.
    - Open VCM Editor. Set P0010 and P0011 to 'No Error Reported' and uncheck SES Enable in the Engine Diag portion of the tune. Keep camshafts set to 'None' like I mentioned. Flash the tune.
    - Cycle ignition then start. Run VCM Scanner to verify code doesn't come back.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...er-cam-install

I can't really fix P0358 for you because it's a wrench issue not a tune one.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-19-2023 at 12:30 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywestluvin View Post
    the delete kit came with the valley delete with plugs for the oil valleys...
    afm lifters were replaced with new non afm/dod lifters
    You misunderstood me
    I meant not DoD lifters, but lifters on formerly DoD cylinders. It's a common issue with AFM delete when new lifters stays collapsed and engine is running smoothly on 4 cylinders, but have no power.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by verlon View Post
    You misunderstood me
    I meant not DoD lifters, but lifters on formerly DoD cylinders. It's a common issue with AFM delete when new lifters stays collapsed and engine is running smoothly on 4 cylinders, but have no power.
    I?m a little green with the new lifter theme. Is there a way to prelube the new lifters that you would recommend before installing? I?ve heard some say soak them in oil which will fill them, others say clear them so they are not pumped up on engine buildup. Is there a true right way?
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---

Senior Tuner
    i really need some guidance in this adventure of the tuning world...
    attached is my log and current tune (4th attempt)
    i have the pedel the gas to fire up
    truck still feels like its misfiring
    i can get it to drive and it smooths out but still no power
    in low gear it bogs but once i get rpms up alil it basically coasts at about 1500rpms

This should fix the misfire feeling.

blackcadi.2.hpt
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    i appreciate your help very much... still running harsh and wont crank when warm unless i peddle the gas
    for some weird reason im throwing a code for P0010 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1) (Pending, Permanent) which i know is because the vvt delete but even with camshaft set to none and afm/dod disabled it still throwing the code
    P0358 - Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit (Permanent) but all my coils are firing wires are brand new and so are the spark plugs so not understanding the cause as of yet
    Last edited by Johnnywestluvin; 05-19-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    so the code for the camshaft wont go away it disappears on the dash but still in the computer
    all my coils are firing my wires are new my plugs are new
    im ready to set it on fire lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunercharged View Post
    Is there a true right way?
    I'm going old school way - warmup engine, then alternate revving up to 3000 RPM and idle several times.

Senior Tuner
    so the code for the camshaft wont go away it disappears on the dash but still in the computer
    all my coils are firing my wires are new my plugs are new
    im ready to set it on fire lol
    Did you follow the procedure?

Senior Tuner
    i appreciate your help very much... still running harsh and wont crank when warm unless i peddle the gas
    for some weird reason im throwing a code for P0010 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 1) (Pending, Permanent) which i know is because the vvt delete but even with camshaft set to none and afm/dod disabled it still throwing the code
    P0358 - Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit (Permanent) but all my coils are firing wires are brand new and so are the spark plugs so not understanding the cause as of yet
    That's because it's the exact same file. blackcadi.2.hpt has no changes that I can see.

Camshaft still enabled. DTC's for P0010 and P0011 still set to trigger.

Tuner in Training
    thats from someone else
    see attachment
    still wont start up without hitting gas and slowly reducing rpms for it to stay at 725-750 this shit is very frustrating
    it feels like its still missing but holds the idle well holds idle well when i put into gear as well
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Johnnywestluvin; 05-19-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Set P0010 and P0011 to NO ERROR REPORTED. You have to follow the procedure I gave you above. You can't clear the code otherwise.

Tuner in Training
    I did do the procedure just as you told me the attachment you looked at was someone else basing my tune from the beginning before you advised sry for the confusion

Senior Tuner
    Then why are those DTC's set to Mil on Second Error?

Tuner in Training
    Shit man idk like I said before I'm new to this side of the world with vehicles I can tear them apart and put them together I guess I'll try it again