Thread: Spartan Plus Tuning

Tuner in Training

Spartan Plus Tuning

Hello all!

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T(Mod list below) with what I believe to be some tuning issues.
    After getting the parts installed I had it remotely tuned via a DiabloSport T1000 with a reputable guy(Tuner A) and it fired up fine but had some drivability issues:

Car speeds up itself slowly(will even shift gears when the RPMs got high enough) and trying to stop would cause it to fight it with lurching until I overpower it with the brakes, cruise control wouldn't work properly and no decel ever. I'm assuming all these problems are in the same bucket.
    After several revisions the issues never went away(honestly felt like nothing was changing besides idle RPMs... but can't confirm that and the tuner wouldn't tell me his changes) and he said it was mechanical and to fix it first.

After looking over everything on the car again(including VAC and compression tests) and finding no problems, I went with another tuner who was just as reputable(Tuner B). Now his tune didn't have the above issues at all, only it had a different problem:

The car would stall with the LIGHTEST throttle touch; RPMS drop like 200-300 and stall. I could push the pedal harder and get past the dead zone, but leaving stops or reversing, etc. was terrible. After his several revisions and introducing new issues(one of which were causing my LT's to glow ONLY in P/N...) he just "Ran out of ideas" and started ghosting me...

So I got an HPT to look into the files myself and try to start revising myself.

Can you veterans spot anything in either tune that would cause these?
    Specifically I would like to get Tune B's light throttle stalling fixed at least, so I can comfortably drive the car and start logging and tuning.

Thanks for getting this far and ANY help would be so very gratefully appreciated!!

MOD LIST(anything not listed is stock with only 25k miles):

Inertia's Spartan Plus Cam
    Inertia's BV Ported heads(with the good 6.1 exhaust springs) milled .030
    Kooks 1 3/4" Long Tubes with their catted mids.
    MagnaFlow "15628" 2.5" Cat-back.
    6.1 Chain Tensioner
    6.1 Crank Pulley and belt
    non-MDS Lifters
    AEM Wideband
    AFE Stage II CAI
    Billet Tech Catch Can
    255/55/18 Nitto tires.

P.S. Uploaded Stock tune too, just in case.

Tune A.hpt
    Tune B.hpt
    Stock.hpt

try this

shot in the dark with out a good log but see what this does for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!
    I'm gonna study this a bit and give it a try!

I can get a log of it running and stalling(if this doesn't fix that) and post it soon!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evildodge View Post
    shot in the dark with out a good log but see what this does for you
    Here is the log with your tune, sir!
    It's the first start-up this year, so I let it run a bit to check over things. At about 5:55 is when I give it VERY light pedal to make it stall. I had to give it a little gas to restart it, then I pushed the gas past the stalling point a couple times, before doing it VERY lightly again to make it stall.

720232 Log1(evildodge).hpl

try this

Try this one should help but i dont know why anybody some things were changed i put alot back to stock settings to see whats going on.
    definity read up on making better log file and make sure you log knock and fuel trims i would go threw trims again if you get a chance and learn how there are some good pages that will help you with doing it.

try

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t=hanging+idle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I was just doing that before I saw your reply! Thanks for doing it for me and I'll try it out soon!

Coming from DiabloSport I definitely have A LOT to learn. Like I saw Knock and injectors on the scanner, so I figured it was logging them somewhere.
    I'll be figuring out how to add PIDs and such for sure!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evildodge View Post
    Try this one should help but i dont know why anybody some things were changed i put alot back to stock settings to see whats going on.
    definity read up on making better log file and make sure you log knock and fuel trims i would go threw trims again if you get a chance and learn how there are some good pages that will help you with doing it.

try

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...t=hanging+idle
    That worked great! No more light pedal stalling! Thank you sir!! I really appreciate it!

Now time to start driving and logging!

Tuner in Training
    to gas 2.hpl

Here's the latest log. I'm hoping I set up the right stuff in VCM Scanner to get good stuff logged(I realized I only had TPS V but added TPS % right after this log), but would love any pointers!

Only issue I had since fixing the light throttle stall is the car revs staying up when I let off the gas, acting like cruise control is on.

Just depends on what your needing to tune do one thing at a time, cruise control can be fixed just needed to make sure your air table was close enough before going any farther.
    Make sure your logging alll fuel trims short and long and then start to make your graphs so you can copy and paste them back in the tune.