Thread: Start Up

Potential Tuner

Start Up

have had no luck getting VCM suite 2.1.14 to read VCM in editor,
    it will scan just fine, car is a 2005 C6 corvette. tried holding start switch
    down, also acc position, editor will not read VCM. anyone getting
    C6 VCM to see editor, if so HELP.

Thanks

Press & Hold the start switch down (not the green circle) and you should see accessory mode come up, then about 5 seconds later, you should enter KEY ON ENGINE OFF mode.

Never had a problem that way.

BTW: Manual or Auto?
    Manuals will read and write in accessory mode.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training

Angry

I Am Going To Chime In Here. This Is Getting Very Frustrating. Something Very Simple Is Keeping Us From Reading This Car. We Purchased A Second Hptuners Suite To Try On This Car Because All We Can Do Is Scan It. No Way Have We Been Able To Read/write To This Car. It Will Not Find A License. We Have Tried Every Little Suggestion, Read The Help Files, Gone By The Book, And This Thing Will Not Read. Back In October I First Requested Help Reading To This Car. We Got All The Normal Suggestions. The Car Has Been Successfully Tuned By Lgmotorsports (lsedit) And By Katech And We Know For A Fact That The Program Is Not Locked. All We Want To Do Is Be Able To Read/write To This Computer So We Can Make Some Minor Changes. We Scanned The Car Yesterday And Still Can Make No Linkup To Read Or Write. The Mpvi Pro Shows That We Have Power. What Gives? We Have Changed Ports. We Have Changed Cables. We Have Changed Underwear. On The First Hptuners Suite, We Were Able To Read Another C5, But This C6 Will Not Read. Now With Another Hptuners In Our Hands, We Are Still Getting Nowhere. This Is $1,000 And Nobody, Nobody Has Been Able To Give Us The Tiny Little Secret As To Why This Bloody Car Will Not Read. And Before I Get All The Normal Lazy Replys, I Have And Can Read/write/scan Successfully As Proven By My Ls6 Powered '98 Camaro Ss. Although It Is With It's Own Hptuners Suite, Not This One. Surely Someone Can Come Up With A Step By Step Approach To Take With This Car So We Can See What Step We Are Missing Or What Is Wrong With Both Of The Hptuner Suites We Have For This C6 That Is A Manual And A Push Button Start. It Is High Time For Someone To Step Up And Prove That Good Support Is Out There. Everytime I Have Had A Minor Glitch, Everyone Has Come Through. Where Are All The Answers Now?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    How has it been determined that "the program is not locked"?

I know for a fact LS2edit locks every tune unless told otherwise...could it be possible this one slipped through as locked by accident?

If its been tuned already with LS2edit I would definitly point in the direction of it being locked at this point.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW EC_Tune has tuned dozens if not hundreds of C6's without issue & knows the in's & out's of hptuners so what he's saying should work, SHOULD WORK. If not theres something wrong with the pcm

Tuner in Training
    Foff, lsedit was prior to katech. Katech made sure it was not locked when car came back. I went through a whole month of lock/unlock calls in November. And as an aside the folks at lsedit were stand up folks. Great support on the lock issue. The read/write matter in November is what lead to Katech. It was such a pisser that nobody could or would help get a read on this car (that was an mti abortion) that it was decided to step up and play with the big boys. So to start with a clean slate with a fresh Katech non-locked tune, a new hptuners suite was purchased. Now it is just the same as before, we can scan but not read. And trust me, if Katech says it is unlocked, take it to the bank. And everybody can learn a thing or two from there service and support process.
    And if EC_Tune will give us a hint to what gives, it will make the day much more tolerable. We have tried punching the start button for 10 seconds. We have tried stalling the car in gear. We have tried holding the button in with the car in gear, out of gear, emergency brake on, and off. We have tried pushing it with our toe while turning the wipers on and flashing the lights. Nothing. Zip. Nada. What do we have to check diagnostically?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Question:Are you getting a specific error when trying to do a read?

At what point are you getting stopped from doing a read? ie is it getting to this window?

Can you get access to another C5 to see if you can attempt to read it?

Potential Tuner

Jim Wey

Just tried it again: getting the window as you showed on your answer
    with the following:

gathering info........completed
    validating license......processing
    requesting access.....failed
    unable to license vehicle

you can not license a vehicle that vcm editor is unable to gain access to
    unlicensed vehicle

mvpi power light is green
    cable status says disconnected

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sure sounds like its still locked, but i'll email support to see if they can get you a definite answer.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks...FYI, had Kaytech build and install completely new 427, ask them
    specifically not to lock pcm, they said this was not a problem and I know
    the pcm was not locked, have confirmed that with them, they tune with the
    GM OEM equipment. I have a new trailblazer SS being built with a 427 by
    Katech, talk to them almost daily, they are straight shooters, the problem is
    no a locked pcm but something else, i appreciate your efforts,please continue
    thank you kindly

Jim

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Definitely locked. When it fails security that means that LS1/LS2 Edit has locked your tune whether they intended to or not. Katech may not be able to remove the lock. However Edit has a "service" that will return your PCM to stock for a $50 fee.

before we allow you to license a vehicle we first check if it is secured using GM's standard production security (ie. we can unlock it), our software will not allow you to license a PCM we cannot access (for obvious reasons).
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Keep helping guys. The computer in the car now is a brand new off the shelf computer tuned by Katech. It has never been exposed to LSEdit. We are experiencing the very same condition now that we were experiencing back in November, with a different engine and a different computer that we have now. And I might add, a different HPTuners suite. The only common denominator here seems to be the car, as in the "standard production security". Could it not be possible that from the very get-go there is some minor glitch that is preventing HPTuners from seeing the PCM in the correct fashion as to not be able to license it, thus preventing us from reading/writing to it? What steps can I take to check this possibility and double check that the aldl port is actually wired correctly and funtioning in the fashion HPTuners needs in order to pass the security check? In other words, what do I need to check to see why we are failing the security check?

Thanks, Guy

Can you post a screen shot of what's happening?

Here's a utility that can do very nice window captures for you if you don't want to capture the entire screen using Print Screen, paste to Paint and Save as Jpeg.

Just use the "Go Advanced" button to post the shot.

My guess is that Katech doen't want anyone mucking around in their tunes and are putting in other-than-OEM security. If that's the case, you will continue to have problems reading their PCM's. Time to find an new vendor if that's the case, or ask them politely to leave the OEM security in place (which they may or may not do).