Thread: Who are the HP Tuners staff?

Advanced Tuner

Who are the HP Tuners staff?

Just wondering who you guys are, where you're from, and how you got to where you are today. You guys make an awesome product, just want to know more about the makers. Didn't really see anything like that from you guys in the "Introduce yourselves" thread.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Re: Who are the HP Tuners staff?

Ken, Keith and Chris are the staff, developers, testers etc

Advanced Tuner

Yes, we know their names.

My Myspace page

ok i'll type something here... always difficult to type about yourself :

The name's obviously Chris, aka gameover on most other forums around the place (and previously on this forum). I tend to check out ls1-tech.com PCM section, clubgp for v6 stuff and the aussie ls1.com.au forums occasionally. Forum surfing is something i find less and less time for thesedays but some of the posts on various forums are pretty funny, nothing like a bit of Internet bravado to get things going.

I got a degree once for electrical engineering from a respectable university but combined with all that beer drinking, it's kinda hard to remember that stuff now...

I'm the one who spends most of the night looking at 68xxx code around here, writing various code for the product, thinking up some new things, and if you ever send a support email there's a 50% chance i will handle your issue. I send all the hard one's over to Ken

I'm currently hard at work on the many features for the next release.

I drive a 2002 Holden Monaro, h/c, makes around 275rwkw. In the shed is a 1971 HQ Holden racecar, tubbed, 4-link, full cage, 14.5x32 slicks, 9" diff. In pieces is an LS6 motor, with plans for either a 395 stroker or a supercharger. I'm aiming for low 10's to start with and with these monster tires my biggest concern is not having enough motor Hopefully, i'll get a buildup page started on here with some pics so you guys can follow the progress. Please feel free to post convincing arguments to make me take the s/c path All this will be powered by the stock PCM and tuned using our s/w and some custom 2bar code if i take the s/c route. With luck it will be finished by the end of the year. I fact i think after typing this i just convinced myself it MUST be s/c 8)

Finally, i'd just like to thank everyone for their continuing support, improvement idea's, bug reports and kind words throughout the year. We always value feedback and I can say that we are working as hard as possible to make it all add up to a better product.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner

My profession is electronics. I have just over 20 years experience is design/repair and
    maintenance in the radio communications industry. I hold a valid FCC GROL license.
    On the internet forums, I go by Super Sport x2 and Half Ton Rat.

For HP Tuners I design the electronics and write the firmware that runs them.
    Like Chris, I also spend lots of late nights working on VCM code (both GM and custom).
    EFI is a passion of mine that I have been playing with for about 10 years now.
    If there is a way can go faster, count me in ;D

I drive a 1990 454SS and my project car is my 1984 Monte Carlo SS.
    Hobbies include everything from annoying the wife to long fishing trips.

I too would like to thank all of our customers for supporting us.
    You folks have no idea how big of a smile we get to know that somebody,
    somewhere just tuned their car and is having fun with VCM Suite.

We plan on doing this for a long time
    Ken

I'll keep this short and simple. Much left to do this evening.

My name is Keith. I post on many forums as Magnus. I originally had a 97 V6 firebird. There were no tuning options available at the time so I thought with my programming expertise I would open the PCM and take a look. My car has now become a LS1 transplant racecar that should run 10's with a stock motor naturally aspirated this fall.

I'm the programmer for HP Tuners. I also handle sales and order processing. If you have a sales question or an order issue, I'm the guy you want to speak to.

I spend most of my time making the software easier for you to use. I read the forum requests and try to implement them. For example, a few requests I read recently were zoom capability in the chart as well as custom playback entry point. No need to play logs from the beginning anymore. I go to sleep thinking about code I've written that day and changes I want to make for the following day.

I also maintain the website and handle the upgrades. If you have an upgrade issue or a download problem, contact me for the fastest resolution.

I do put myself out there and am often asked support questions. While I like to help, in most cases I forward the questions over to Chris and Ken so I can spend more time on my duties.

Chris, Ken and I have a real great stance on how we handle things with HP Tuners. We work very well together and have a lot of motivation and ambition.

We definitely have a lot of great ideas for the future and we all plan to be around for a very long time.

I know I can speak on behalf of all three of us when I say we really love what we are doing and we really enjoy the feedback we receive through this forum and others.

Thanks to everyone. We really appreciate the support!

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner

And 1 last question, do you 3 only do this, or do you do programming(people bring you there car) on the side over there?(chicago right?)
    98\' T/A, filter/lid, Comp 212-218, 85mm MAF

Good question.

We do each have our own day job as well apart from HP Tuners.

Also, I am the one that lives in Chicago. Ken lives in California (note our PO box location) and Chris represents us in Australia.

Programming on the side is not something I typically do due to time constraints.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Awesome, thanks for the info guys. It is amazing you guys have time for us or your families, having day jobs and all. You guys do an amazing job here, and I think I can speak for the rest of the population when I say we are all very thankful for all your time and effort you put into this.

Oh yeah, one more thing. How did the three of you find each other and get this company rolling, considering you guys basically cover 3 of the 4 corners of the world.

My Myspace page

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Chicken
    Oh yeah, one more thing. How did the three of you find each other and get this company rolling, considering you guys basically cover 3 of the 4 corners of the world.
    The internet knows no bounds

I count sheep in hex...