Thread: Unlicensed vehicle

Unlicensed vehicle

Trying to flash file MPVI3 still thinks I'm trying to connect to last vehicle I did. Won't let me license new vehicle. Gives me unlicensed vehicle instead of prompting me to license.
    Tried moving license.dat file and removing it still no luck still keeps defaulting back. How do I clear.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Been getting this same error on all the Chevys I am trying to tune. Reads fine, but wont write. It hooks the credits to the VIN then says unlicensed. VERY frustrating... Takes your credits / money then still wont let you tune. With the dozens of instances of people getting this error why has this not been fixed? Yes I put in a ticket before that canned response is posted.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtflyboy25 View Post
    Been getting this same error on all the Chevys I am trying to tune. Reads fine, but wont write. It hooks the credits to the VIN then says unlicensed. VERY frustrating... Takes your credits / money then still wont let you tune. With the dozens of instances of people getting this error why has this not been fixed? Yes I put in a ticket before that canned response is posted.
    99.9% of the "dozens of instances" is due to user error, not an issue on our end. Please open a support ticket and we'll be happy to assist further.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    99.9% of the "dozens of instances" is due to user error, not an issue on our end. Please open a support ticket and we'll be happy to assist further.
    I do believe that. Support Ticket 427851 if you can look into it. I have racers untuned who paid and cars not able to run because I cant turn VATS off on 3 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotecs.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtflyboy25 View Post
    I do believe that. Support Ticket 427851 if you can look into it. I have racers untuned who paid and cars not able to run because I cant turn VATS off on 3 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotecs.
    I took a look at the ticket and TBH it does look like user error. Info from the "stock pull 000" file
    Creation Date: 5/15/2024 2:08:59 AM

VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475
    2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, 2.2 L, L4, GM_P11

Hardware: P11, GM 2.2L L4
    VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475
    Serial: 86YFAMM33176E1GQ

info from the ecm you are trying to flash to
    ECM: 10, VPW - P11, GM 2.2L L4
    VIN: 1G1JC52F847122475 - 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, 2.2 L, L4, GM_P11
    Serial: 86YFAMM33176E1GQ
    Calibration IDs: 12598577
    Basic PIDs: 18
    Controller Type ID By VIN: 5100

You do not have a license for the vin/os pairing currently in the vehicle.

Read the vehicles ecm as it sits and license that vin/os pairing, use that file as your new base file & tune away.

This does not appear to be an issue on our end based on the information you provided.

Tuner in Training
    This is the process I am doing.

1. Turn laptop on, get it connected to dongle and have VCM Editor open. Most recent beta
    2. Click Help>Resync Interface
    3. Click Read Vehicle. - Attached file is joel cavy 00
    4. I change VATS do be disabled as this is a stand alone harness dirt track car,
    5. hit save, file attached as joel cavy 001 nothing else is changed.
    6. Clicked write vehicle
    7. License Thing popped up. Normalled id pay for the license with 2 credits. This time I paid 3 or 5 or whatever it was to unlock ALL of the 2004 Cavaliers.
    8. I set to Write Entire, turn off high speed.
    9. I click write - see attached photo
    10. It flashes and then says unlicensed vehicle. See attached photo. It has done this on every Cavalier I have tried with this MPVI3. I have done multiple on the MPVI2, but I dont have it anymore. Lost it.
    11. I have tried to move and delete license.dat. It will flash the licensing, then it goes right back to saying unlicensed vehicle.

hptuners.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You do not have a license for the vin/os pair in the ecm, its very simple. It has nothing to do with removing/deleting the license.dat file, that won't fix you not having the license for the ecm in the vehicle.