Thread: Can you calculate a base Zone one with a base file and inputs

Potential Tuner

Can you calculate a base Zone one with a base file and inputs

I have a L83 with a stock motor and fuel system. It has a tune file form Magnuson and a purpose fit supercharger for this motor.
    I am swapping in a new motor with Lt4 injectors and high pressure pump.
    Knowing the flow rate of the injectors and the pump output.

Could I calculate the Zone 1 fuel table setting enough to get it to start and idle ?

Tuning Addict
    I may not be following entirely correctly here, but you should use the lt4 injector data as a whole, so all of the profiles, offsets and voltage tables (should be 2) and not just the flow number. The only time you should ever need to calculate an injector profile is if it's one of the pita's 30 or 60 over ones. Fueling afterwords will depend on how closely things were dialed in to begin with the first time around.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I may not be following entirely correctly here, but you should use the lt4 injector data as a whole, so all of the profiles, offsets and voltage tables (should be 2) and not just the flow number. The only time you should ever need to calculate an injector profile is if it's one of the pita's 30 or 60 over ones. Fueling afterwords will depend on how closely things were dialed in to begin with the first time around.
    Hi Greg thanks for the reply. I was told using the LT4 injectors and pump the truck would not start with the tune in it. I have which is a base tune from Magnuson with stock l83 injectors. These are OEM LT4 injectors.
    I also have a stage One BTR cam thats pretty mild also .

Tuning Addict
    Then put the lt4 pump and injector data in it. That should get it going.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Then put the lt4 pump and injector data in it. That should get it going.
    ok I'll start with those 2 data elements and see how it goes. I found a goatrope video that goes through this senario pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMpu_fb1mW0