Thread: HP Tuners will connect to my car, but not friend's

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners will connect to my car, but not friend's

I am using a USB > Serial adapter and it works perfectly with my car (2002) but when we try to connect to a friend's car (2002) it says cable not found. Mine is a Camaro and his is a Trans-Am. We have tried the scanner and flash program and both display same error message. It is the same as if we didn't even plug it into the car. I am thinking it's the car but the car has never been touched by anyone.

Any ideas?

Re: HP Tuners will connect to my car, but not frie

Quote Originally Posted by Gev
    I am using a USB > Serial adapter and it works perfectly with my car (2002) but when we try to connect to a friend's car (2002) it says cable not found. Mine is a Camaro and his is a Trans-Am. We have tried the scanner and flash program and both display same error message. It is the same as if we didn't even plug it into the car. I am thinking it's the car but the car has never been touched by anyone.

Any ideas?
    check the OBD2 port has power, most likely the fuse is blown as it is commonly shared with the cig lighter.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Ditto ... check that port.

I tried to connect AutoTap to a friend's car (before HP Tuners) and it just wouldn't happen. We found a wire had come loose behind the OBDII connector. Repaired the wire and was fine.

Advanced Tuner

Anyone know which pin supplies the power? I need to use a test light and check mine out. My fuses are fine, and my cig lighter works but I can't connect...just trying to cover all the bases

see the help manual, under VCM Flash -> Troubleshooting. There is a pic there, and other useful info.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...