Thread: any way to get a new disk?

Tuner

any way to get a new disk?

Was one of the first people to pre order the 1998's when they came out.

When i got the software it said my 1998 f-car was a vette, i got a nice quick fix, and was able to get the software to work Thanks for the fast turnaround time.

Well, ever since i've installed that particuliar update, (which is needed to access my vehicle) the HPtuners software has caused some weird effects to my computer.

when i go to open the software it takes 1 minute to open up the editor, scanner, or flasher. Doesn't matter if its my P150 laptop, or a 2ghz/1gig ram desktop. All Os's from 98, Me, XP it seems to hang

even opening the programfiles/hptuners folder in explorer causes it to hang up. Just viewing the folder contents, not even trying to open the folders

How can i get a new CD with the current software on it, in 1 build. so i have no initial update, that seems to be giving me trouble.

Let me know how i can get this, and if i have to pay for a CD and shipping, i'll do that. As of right now, its not a big deal, as i don't use it much, but once this blower goes on, i need to get it working all of the time.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Advanced Tuner

Re: any way to get a new disk?

Turn off Norton and you won't have the long load times.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

We can send you a new CD if you request due to your initial mis-identification issue if you e-mail me directly. I will need your customer ID # and a ship to address.

You will have the same exact issues you are having now though. There will be absolutely no difference, I can gaurantee it.

The issue is with Norton Antivirus, not any build of our software.

This issue has been around for a while and we still do not have a solution from the boys at Norton.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

I was having similar long load time issues. I just tried to disable Norton auto-protect and it fired right up. Thanks for the tip. (I wonder what else Norton is messing with on my laptop..... )
    -Matt
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner

Well my laptop doesn't have norton it, but my fast desktop does i'll go ahead and install it on another maching and see if i can reproduce the problem.

on my laptop the original disc works fine on it, but once that original update is installed it seems to hang it up and cause errors. Its very weird.

I just run just the original disc for datalogging it runs good, well, as good as expected on my slow laptop, but once i load the update so i can flash my car, it hangs up.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Ryan, I can put our latest build on the web page for you to download if you e-mail me your customer ID #.

There is no difference installing this over your existing installation as opposed to installing a full CD with the same build.

All the core files that are not distributed in the updates are identical.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...