Thread: Anyone turn off their A6 Tq Management yet?

Anyone turn off their A6 Tq Management yet?

I've got the 2.1.19 beta update that will allow me to disable torque management in the transmission. This thing pulls huge timing during shifts. I bought myself the new Sierra Denali AWD and need opinions whether this tranny will stay together with the tq management turned off. The truck is stock. When using the TUTD mode there is a solid 1 sec. between shifts at WOT. The truck will nose over then come back out of it in each gear.
    Thanks,
    Pete

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1
    I've got the 2.1.19 beta update that will allow me to disable torque management in the transmission. This thing pulls huge timing during shifts. I bought myself the new Sierra Denali AWD and need opinions whether this tranny will stay together with the tq management turned off. The truck is stock. When using the TUTD mode there is a solid 1 sec. between shifts at WOT. The truck will nose over then come back out of it in each gear.
    Thanks,
    Pete
    I disabled all 4 TM tabs for my Denali and the improvement is huge! I have been told that these trannys can handle well over 600hp in stock form!

Have you made any other changes? It would be interesting to talk with another Denali owner and see what changes are or are not working
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Tuner in Training
    These can definetly handle the power. its essentialy a 4L80 with two more gears.

Removing TM really brings it to life. Love the way it keeps it in the power band when WOT.
    '07 Avalanche
    '08 Avalanche, LS2 cam, TVS1900
    '06 CTS-V, 228/230 cam, headers etc...
    '79 Corvette L82, LS2 conversion in progress

Very pleased with the TQ management off, feels like it's got 50 more hp. I'll be going to the track this week to do some testing to compare the gains.
    Pete

Potential Tuner
    keep us posted.

Senior Tuner
    Just be careful if you have an A6 in a Corvette. I turned mine off and wheel spin was terrible on the 1-2. Almost lost control on good dry concrete.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850
    Just be careful if you have an A6 in a Corvette. I turned mine off and wheel spin was terrible on the 1-2. Almost lost control on good dry concrete.

Yeah, it's a huge ammount of power that is freed up! Gotta love AWD

I re-enabled the CT down shift tab because the 2-1 shift was really harsh at times. Anyone else had this problem?

Also, what does the "garage shift" enable/disable button do? I can't seem to find any info in the help file or with the search button here
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Potential Tuner
    I turned mine off with the beta also (2006 A6 vette) and love the results. It likes to break lose between 1>2, and feels more like a manual shift now. No more whimpy shifts. Of course, if you are not getting on it, it is mellow.