Thread: everyone understands all this, where do you learn?

Potential Tuner

everyone understands all this, where do you learn?

Attachment 7994I'm as new as a newbie can be to all this. I have very little understanding of all this. I have been forced to transition from carbs. to injection and I'm told trade in my wrenches for a laptop. I have a 02 gmc sierra 5.3 with a comp cam 224/230 .581/.592 LSA114, a 3500 lock up converter, long tubes, no cats, good exhaust, and some nitrous. I had my truck tuned at a shop that uses HP Tuners and then I bought HP Tuners because I was unhappy with their results and they were unhappy with me always calling back. Now I'm lost. I dont mind reading, but I cant find anything that explains things in simple terms. I can figure out the transmission part, but the engine part throws me. MY biggest problem is with it running rich and dying all the time when it should be idling. Can someone steer me in the right direction. I wish someone with a similar setup could just tell me what numbers to put in all those little spots for numbers. Is there something somewhere that explains what all these things mean and what they should read when everything is right? Thanks in advance for any and all help. I've noticed that the first thing most people get told is to post their tune so I think I got that done. If not I'll try again. wrenches and screwdrivers were sure alot eaiser.

Your knowledge and past experience in turning tools will be a great help as its all applied in the same way , just alot of it can be done now by making the fuel injectors spray a bit more fuel in , rather than re-jetting a carby, princple and why you did it is the same, just changed via computer rather than manually.

There is alot to learn but since youve allready got an idea about why you would change things, the only real help you need is why and what the numbers all mean.

You should probably visit a *sticky* thread such as this one in the gen3 v8 area so you can start to get an idea of what your changing in the *tune* instead of by other tools.

Its "involved" but as ive said , youve got the understanding allready, so its just a matter of finding the where's

Good luck !