Thread: P1514 trouble code and reduced engine power

Potential Tuner

P1514 trouble code and reduced engine power

My first post ever after having Hptuners for over a year, I hope someone can help me solve this issue!

I have tuned the truck from stock to now using the search function on this forum and thus never had the need to post. Every problem i have had has been resolved on this forum and it is always full of helpful information. That being said i have searched thoroughly, and though this topic has been covered i did not find a solution to the problem.

I have an 03 silverado ss, it has the p59 ecu. It has a turbo 408ci with cam, worked heads, and quite a bit more, it has a built trans, and really has been a fun vehicle to own and upgrade. Recently I went with a more efficient precision turbo, and used hptuners 2 bar OS vcm enhancement. i have been having the issue of a "reduced engine power" message coming onto my display, and a p1514 code coming into my DTC codes. this signifies that the amount of airflow and the tps sensor readings do not match, and that the engine is flowing too much air for the amount that the throttle body is opening. After reading some literature on this forum, i found some info saying to enlarge the values in the p1514 table in Hptuners, i have adjusted little by little with no success, and even completely maxed all the values in the table to 4.1, and i am still having the same problem. Other literature on hptuners forums says that i will need to scale my VE and IFR tables to overcome this issue, but i am at a standstill, if i need to do the scaling, what is the proper procedure? and will i need to scale other tables as well, including but not limited to my trans tables? I am not able to tune or drive about 4000 rpm because that is when this issue happens, and it happens every time. I have attached a copy of my tune in case you wanted to have a look.I have also attached a log file, and you can see where this happens at the very end of the log (my apologies for the 12 minute log time, i was logging afr error for the VE table) when the truck hit 3904rpm and almost 50% tps, but notice the cylinder airmass is at 2.34g even though i have the table in the tune maxed out to 4.1g. it happens at this rpm no matter how much throttle is applied. Thank you for your time, and i would genuinely appreciate any help that is given.

2 Bar SD tuning december 2017.hpt
    REP message.hpl

Potential Tuner
    SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. Hi. Your first post and my first reply. Even though this is 2 years old, I wanted to add some info. Why, because I've spent an enormous amount of time searching for help and following a post/thread only to have it either just suddenly end, or turn into an argument, or turn into some other topic, etc. I have been posting on LS1tech regarding my ride. I've made a lot of changes to it and it sits in my garage. Now, your issue. I don't know what you have tried, I am no tuning expert, but I can tell you what I have come across. P1514 was just one of my Engine DTC codes. I also had P0068,P0121,P2101,P0101,P0106. After trying to ignore these codes while trying to tune my ride(2004 Silverado 5.3) including my newly rebuilt transmission, I finally wised up a little maybe and went back to the basics. I began to check all of my electrical connections and vacuum hoses, thinking just maybe I messed up something when I was rebuilding the top end of the motor, or when I installed the Trans. This same day, this clicking noise that I had been hearing for a while became louder. When I turned my key on, there was a click. It got much louder. I had someone turn the key on for me, so I could check it out. It led me to the TPS on the side of my throttle body. (Fuel injected). I previously had counted out the possibility of this being the TPS, because it was the second one I had purchased in a year. I figured frikin Dorman junk. What I found was both a disappointment and a relief, a glimpse of hope for me . The throttle body was messed up. Something in the gear mechanism under the TPS.The butterfly/throttle plate was not working correctly. It smelled of fuel big time. Most of my codes, even the transmission code P1870, could possibly be because of this? The P1514 along with the other codes is most likely the cause of my Transmission code P1870 because they caused misfires. Misfires can cause a P1870. I have a new throttle body on the way. I recently replaced the Throttle actuator, the brain behind the TPS. Expensive, and wasn't the fix, even though DTC codes led me that way. My own fault for not doing electrical tests on it. I tested accelerator pedal sensors, found they were ok, purchased the actuator, and here I am now, waiting on the throttle body, which I know is shot. I will follow up by posting the outcome. I hope this helps someone and does not mislead anyone. This is my story behind the P1514 and I by no means am trying to tell you this is your problem too. But maybe it's worth checking into should this kind of thing happen to you? CyA

Potential Tuner
    Did the new throttle body work ? I'm having same issue lol

You can start your own thread, it's free. Not likely to get a reply from other one-posters from seven and five years ago.