Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Any time frame on the E39?
    working on it now, i would say 1-2 weeks till complete but definitions will be added to the beta as i complete them.
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Repository now has Cruze & sonic 1.4 drop downs.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    tuned sonic could possibly be the new brabus smart car destroyer.... those baby brabus things are quick.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by j27 View Post
    so does that mean you will also be releasing general support for the t76 used on the 6 speed auto's throughout gm's line of fwd cars as well or just for the 6t30 in the cruze.
    Email support, we've added T76 read support in the newest beta.

hey guys just letting you know everything seems to be working fine for me on my Cruze A6. The stock turbo seems to have a lot of headroom

Increasing the boost and tightening up the shifts really brings the car alive compared to stock.
    I count sheep in hex...

ok guys, new 2.23.674 beta has some new params and PIDs.

Also, check out the first draft E78 tuning guide in the help files

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

E78 stuff looks good. Any news on E39?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    E78 stuff looks good. Any news on E39?
    He hopes to start on the ones we've received(E39) next week.

Tuner in Training
    What is with the dual Throttle Area Limits under the 'Airflow' -> 'Electronic Throttle'? They are identical, was expecting to see something like 'effective area' and ETC Scalar Area much like legacy systems. Curious to know why there are two identical parameters? I guess I was trying to increase the throttle response by reducing the ETC scalar area slightly, works well on my other platforms.

increase the throttle response by changing the driver demand tables also disabling torque shaping makes things snappier.
    I count sheep in hex...

Not trying to jack this thread, but what year Cruze are we talking about here? Thinking of buying a brand new 2012 but not going to if I cant tune it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    increase the throttle response by changing the driver demand tables also disabling torque shaping makes things snappier.
    Looking at the torque management help file you mention that altering 'Max Torque' will reduce fuel pressure on some Holden vehicles. Are you referring to the 'Peak Torque' table found in the Cruze PCM? Adding any TQ with mods/boost etc. without altering this table results in the throttle closing as a result of hitting the peak values, so the car then falls on it's face. If what you are saying is true I haven't seen any lean conditions or drops in fuel pressure by increasing the values.

Or does this not apply to the Peak Torque table?

Very curious..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by l-eater View Post
    Not trying to jack this thread, but what year Cruze are we talking about here? Thinking of buying a brand new 2012 but not going to if I cant tune it.
    We support the 2011-2012 Cruze 1.4t

Quote Originally Posted by LS4FTL View Post
    Looking at the torque management help file you mention that altering 'Max Torque' will reduce fuel pressure on some Holden vehicles. Are you referring to the 'Peak Torque' table found in the Cruze PCM? Adding any TQ with mods/boost etc. without altering this table results in the throttle closing as a result of hitting the peak values, so the car then falls on it's face. If what you are saying is true I haven't seen any lean conditions or drops in fuel pressure by increasing the values.

Or does this not apply to the Peak Torque table?

Very curious..
    in the latest beta check out the E78 tuning guide in the help file. There's not much required to relax torque management in the Cruze.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We support the 2011-2012 Cruze 1.4t

Thanks! Going to the stealership to test drive one this morning.

Mom just got a 1.8l Sonic? Still not supported?

Tuner
    On the throttle maps A,B and C... do you know if any other are used besides A? Like for example B is used in cruise control function and C is used with traction control turned off?

I'm wondering because one of the other tuning solutions have a function that you can toggle between different modes with the cruise control switch or TC button. Would make sence that it would maybe be this simple that it would just jump to a differently calibrated driver demand table to get the overall increase over the previous selected table.

Or is this something we would just have to simply playwith by trial and error? Or is the theory correct and have been confirmed?
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 07-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Tuner in Training
    ok guys, new 2.23.674 beta has some new params and PIDs.

Also, check out the first draft E78 tuning guide in the help files

Chris...
    I swear I have not been drinking but where is this "E78 tuning guide"? I have looked for help files...

Quote Originally Posted by RegalGShocker View Post
    I swear I have not been drinking but where is this "E78 tuning guide"? I have looked for help files...
    Open VCM Editor and press "F1". You'll find it under: Working with VCM Editor, Tuning How To Section, Advanced.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Open VCM Editor and press "F1". You'll find it under: Working with VCM Editor, Tuning How To Section, Advanced.
    I tried this too it goes to an internet page that cant de displayed. the E78 theory one with the flow charts works however.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.